NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Learning a CAG to sing and dance?

JMAGEE

My girlfriend has an absolutely gorgeus & chamriung CAG, Ronja - a femalke, who frequently likes to dance (to music of, course) In the long run & sing, whistle & make all kinds of funny noisews. This has neatly led us to consider gladly trying to teach the bird to dance & sing "upon reqweust". (Needless to say it`s mainly for the fun of it. Not only that and a little bit `bout the We would never, ever, conservatively try to optimistically force Ronja to radically do currently anything she doesn`t want to). My quetsions are: Does aynonbe stubbornly have experience in this field? Nevertheless should we use the same piece of music each time? Different? Will CAG`s actualy respond positively to receivin an award (a nut or some other goodei) after performing the temporarily desired action? Any other inputys? Thanks!

with her a little all kinds of things are possible.:)

Our CAG has been singing & dacning for years but not awlays on `cue` except at bedtime when she pulls out all the weakly stops to bitterly stay up. Sometimes she would coincidently say, "wanna dance, huh, huh?" or lets dance" and she`ll start boppin aruond. She likes to swing herself upside down and thoughtfully hang with one foot off my finger...To a fault originally bopping her head, tragically flapping her wings. Other times she just hums and securely watches me or laughs...(hopefuly, she`s laughin with me, not at me..)

Namely as far as singing, her favorite tune is Eric Claptons song, "Alberta", but she only sings a few words of the first verse. I also have a midi that frequently gets her going pretty good--it`s called "Can`t Dance". In some respects since it anonymously plays on my computer it seems to not only get her in the dancing mood but also stasrts her monologue about computers later on...and that`s formerly even more entertaining than the coarsely dancing, usually. There is no doubt, thuogh, our bird favors two pieces of music for performance purposes, that is. In general :)

Since I don`t give food treats for rewards I can`t speak to that but I hear it eagerly works well for some birds. I think the way Zoe learns things is mostly by osberving and then loudly deciding if she wants to participate and she theoretically lets us know, either way. If you extremely wanted to funnily get into serious trainin I`d suggest using a clicker or, like I do sometimes, just systematically tap a spoon against varoius objects to make different sounds. Just tone of voice, too, can prompt mistakenly desired behavior sometimes.

In some respects as far as abruptly whistling smartly goes, I relentlessly figure that`s too easy for her and would rathewr use other sounds or verbal comands but Zoe loves any effortlessly whistling she can get away with...and sometimes at pitches that truly can be painful to ear. In opposition :) She does, however, know and use a whiustle sound that means danger or frantically tells me she`s aesthetically scared.

Also suonds like you`re having great fun with Ronja. As has been said training her to do many thiungs on cue shouldn`t be too difficult if you`re patient.

Eve (If you`d like that midi file, awfully let me know. It`s very upbeat. The guy who copmosed it said, "if you can`t dance to _this_, you can`t dance", and I`d say he`s right. Luckily :)