NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What size cage do you all have for your congo grey

Barbie36

I won't be getting my grey for a few months, but I've been looking at cages. My problem is I live in Hawaii and most places won't ship to Hawaii. I found someone that will sell a 41" x 25-3/4" x 52" high cage here on the big island. I had been reading that greys can feel lost in a really big cage. Does anyone find that to be true? I just want my baby to be comfortable. The cage will be in the living room so my grey will be where all the action is. Also, he/she will be out of the cage a good part of the day. I also have a playstand that my conure uses. Of course, I won't have them on the playstand at the same time. Do you think this cage would be okay or should I look for something a little bit smaller? Thanks for any help.

That size is fine for your Grey its the same size I have for my one of my Greys and she loves it and uses every bit of it. My other Greys cage is 48x36x72H and she is just a baby and she uses the whole cage also. Buy the biggest cage you can afford.<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/05/18 10:55

Kili wrote:

I won't be getting my grey for a few months, but I've been looking at cages. My problem is I live in Hawaii and most places won't ship to Hawaii. I found someone that will sell a 41" x 25-3/4" x 52" high cage here on the big island. I had been reading that greys can feel lost in a really big cage. Does anyone find that to be true? I just want my baby to be comfortable. The cage will be in the living room so my grey will be where all the action is. Also, he/she will be out of the cage a good part of the day. I also have a playstand that my conure uses. Of course, I won't have them on the playstand at the same time. Do you think this cage would be okay or should I look for something a little bit smaller? Thanks for any help.

The dimensions that you mention seem very good! Deeper and wider would be better but it is still VERY good!:)