• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Terri!

I can relate in a way because in my household my partner is not really involved with the birds like I am either. He will talk to them when it is convenient for him. He doesn't really understand why my TAG will bite him instead of putting his head down for a scratch. He doesn't understand that the relationship takes work both ways and the greys understand if you don't really "respect" them. He doesn't spend the time with Lyric that I do and Lyric knows this. He loves me best and puts up with my partner.

I say you should spend all the time you want with your bird. There's a special bond between a person and their bird. I treasure all the time I get to spend with my animals. Your partner will have to learn to get along in your situation and eventually he'll find his place and start to feel more comfortable with it.

Lyric wrote:

Hi Terri!

I can relate in a way because in my household my partner is not really involved with the birds like I am either. He will talk to them when it is convenient for him. He doesn't really understand why my TAG will bite him instead of putting his head down for a scratch. He doesn't understand that the relationship takes work both ways and the greys understand if you don't really "respect" them. He doesn't spend the time with Lyric that I do and Lyric knows this. He loves me best and puts up with my partner.

I say you should spend all the time you want with your bird. There's a special bond between a person and their bird. I treasure all the time I get to spend with my animals. Your partner will have to learn to get along in your situation and eventually he'll find his place and start to feel more comfortable with it.

Hi there Lyric,

I think my parnter has come to a place with my CAG where they both understand that they both belong here, but just don't interact that much. He adores her - he says she's a magnificant animal, and most of all he is very happy that she makes me so happy. He worries about my stress levels at work and he's delighted to find me laughing my buns off doing the "tudi-tat" dance with Bella and Jiggy. So, while they'll never snuggle up to each other - I think we've found a balance :)

Cheers!

Terri