NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Shipping

Dave007

Anyone ever hear if FEDEX and UPS ships birds? I never did. Was speaking to a person on IM and he told me that he was buying a grey and having it shipped. He mentioned the 2 postal services. I suggested Delta Airlines. Bird would coming from CA to IN.<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2007/12/09 22:10

I had Talon shipped to MA from FL. via Delta Express. Not the best way to get her, but for me, it was the only way to get a Grey at that time. Things went well, she was only 8 1/2 weeks old, she didn't seem to suffer any ill effects from the trauma.

USPS will ship finches, but there is no special treatment...they are handed like "perishable" goods. I'm pretty sure they won't ship hook bills though. Delta is supposed to be the best way to ship birds and other animals. They get put on the plane last and are first to come off.

I'm getting some finches from Cali and they will be shipped by Delta.

Dave,

Ups and Fed EX will not ship any live animals at all. They will not take the liability of shipping live cargo. I know this because when i have customers that wants a bird they have to call delta for pricing. Plus I have friends that work for ups that told me that they will not accept live cargo at all.

If you're traveling with your bird, you can use ATA airlines. They allow birds into the cabin, but there is a fee! Last time I checked I believe it's $75.USD. We were also going to look into purchasing another seat, but we'll have more info on that actually we call the airlines and do it. When we got Makena from the breeder, we brought him back to Maui in the cabin and took Aloha airlines, but they only allow animals on interisland flights. Hope this helps?! Once again, we'll be more educated on this once we do it and let you know how it goes..

ATA's pet policy: http://www.ata.com/traveler_resources/before_you_fly/pets_guide_animals.html