NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Meet me and Winsten

Roo

Hi,

Winsten is an almost 8 year old Grey. I've had him since he was 2 months old. I've hand fed him since he was 1 month old. He is quite the character, as all Grey owners know. His "library" of sounds/voices is probably over 100. I live on a small farm, and some of his sounds include two different horse whinnies, pigs squealing, 2 dog barks, ect.

I plan on having Winsten for the rest of my life, and I'm beginning to see behavior changes/problems. That's why I've joined this forum, in hopes to get other grey owner's views on how to handle things like biting.

Roo

Thank you so much for the greetings! I'm having a ball reading all the GREAT topics in this forum. I'm sitting here thinking "geese... everybody else's grey's all act exactly like Winsten!" I'm really enjoying all the great feedback regarding biting greys. Not that it's good that Winsten feels the need to start biting me, but I'm feeling like I'm in good company.

:)

Hello and welcome to the family, Roo, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Winsten.

Yes I would say that pretty much all of our greys act alike, for they are greys and their own individuals also. I am sorry to hear that Winsten is biting you, he has not done this before? He has reached sexual maturity and that may have something to do with it. Some of our members have lots of experience with greys and will chime in with their thoughts and ideas.

Please read thru the many threads on various topics for lots of useful information. You can ask us any questions you may have we will do our best to answer and help you in any way we can.

If you have a picture of Winsten that you would like to share with us we would love to see him.

Welcome Roo

My grey is 13 years old and went through a little biting phase at 7 when she found her sexuality. No eggs though. I don't let her get too cuddly when she gets in that mood. Sometimes she just wants to be on her own and lets me know with a darting move. Then later she's all friendly, like she's saying "OK I want some attention now.

See you out there

Bruce & Mazy

I'm wondering if Winsten is in that phase with his age, finding his sexuality. Actually, I don't even know if he's a "she" or not. We never had him/her sexed. He just has always looked like a Winsten to me. :) Every now and again my kids call him Winstina. ;) One thing I'm wondering about is he will act like he's "feeding" me... by wretching his neck around and then eventually pulling up (I know this sounds gross, sorry!:huh: ) a piece of his food. That, in itself, has me wondering if this bird is a female. And, do females do the 'biting' thing, when they begin maturing?

(I'm sorry if all my questions are off-topic)

I will try to post some pictures of Winsten. Let's see: pictures of him showering with me (G rated, no worries!), pictures of him "laying" in my lap, pictures of him showering in the kitchen sink... you name it. He's my little buddy and I'm always taking some sort of picture of him.

Hello rRoo and Winsten,

Welcome to the FAMILY!!!!!!

Winsten sound like a character with all of those sounds he makes. Ask any questions there are great people here with great input that will answer you questions. This is the BEST FORUM on the NET you will love it here.

Again welcome to the FAMILY!!!!!!