NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Indy the rescue

lovemyGreys

Hi All, Well i had a call from my friend who is involved with rescue work,She has a grey who is in need of a permanent loving home & yes you guessed he is coming to live with me.We don't have much history apart that Indy is maybe 2 to 5 years old,We believe he may have been imported before the ban came into place.We believe he has been broken very cruelly.The poor mite does not utter a sound & does not move around, he basically sits in one spot for the whole day.As far as we know Indy has had two previous owners & has been kept in a small cockatiel cage with one wooden perch & no toys etc.. His diet has been seed only.I am driving two hours on Saturday to collect him & will keep you up to date on his progress which i know will be a long journey, but i will give him a new life & all the love he deserves .

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Tracy you are such a good woman with a huge heart, I am so proud of you for taking on yet another grey. I know you will have your hands full but this little fella needs your love and attention and if anyone can help him it will be you. How pitiful a life he has had, the poor soul just sitting there on a perch not moving around. I will be thinking about you on Saturday when you go get him and bring him home to your loving arms and keep us updated on him, I really do care.

God bless you Tracy for what you are doing and I give you karma for you deserve every one of them.:kiss:

Thank you Judy,my friend has a long list of people waiting to re-home greys but her main concern with Indy was if he was re- homed elsewhere he could just end up sitting in a corner & never improving the only option was she kept Indy, but she is full to bursting point with her greys & the other option me ;) I feel honoured that she has faith in me & in time i can get Indy to enjoy his life & relize it's ok to be vocal & act like a grey should.The future holds a better quality of life for Indy.

Guest briansmum

oh tracy, if i could hug you i would! you wonderful person you! i'm sure if there's a home in all the world for Indy to regain his spirit it's yours. and if not he will be loved buckets for just being him. congrats on yet another new addition to your family. :)

Thanks :) I was chatting to my friend on the phone tonight & she thinks it would be a good idea to re-name Indy as he doesn't respond to his name :( New name.new home, new start

Any suggestions would be gratefully received, for those of you who don't know my other three are called, Alfie,Freddie & Coco ;)<br><br>Post edited by: lovemyGreys, at: 2007/12/03 23:30

Hello Tracy,

Tis is good news!! It seemed like all we have been hearing lately is bad new in the forum. Your name is true to form love them greys. Good luck with the new addition to the family. I am sure the road is long for you and Indy but in the end you have done him a world of good. Please keep us informed on his progress. Show us some pics also we would love to see Indy!!!!

Awww Tracy, what a heart you have.

Now you will have a Quartet, let us see the video once you have them all harmonizing together. :-)

I know that poor guy is going to happier than he has ever dreamed of in your Home. I am sure he will flourish and be more than happy to be among such a wonderful flock in a loving and caring home.

Can't wait to hear when you bring him home!!

oh man, well done! i vote for ollie. and i agree, new home, new name. all our little ones got new names when they came home to the monkey house.

i can't wait to hear ollie reports - i will be watching for them!

bless you and a big blessing on mr ollie. he will surely blossom in your flock.

-s

I like the name Indy. I have a conure called Indigo, nickmamed Indy. why not try that as it is close and I am sad that he will lose his only identity, that being his little name "Indy". I bet he does know it but has been so sad he just didn't care. You are a star for taking him into your family.

Heres the first picture i have of my new rescue Indy & i will post & update you on our journey.

mixed31207007.jpg

Birdgranna thanks for the advice, i will see how it goes for a while before changing his name,my friend suggested a new name & i did re name my last rescue & she responded in days,i know it will be a longer journey with this little guy.

Please note that cage & perch will be gone by saturday when he is home with me ;)<br><br>Post edited by: lovemyGreys, at: 2007/12/06 23:08

Hi Birgranna, Yes he has a split ring & i am planning on having it removed at some point.We believe Indy was an import before the ban came in.As i said we think he was badly broken in & has spent most of the time in a small cage.We dont have much history on him but believe him to be 2-5 years old.He has been at my friends in quarantine,& has made slight progress,it will be a long road to get him to relise he is a bird & it;s ok to sing,make a mess etc.. but god willing & with the support from you wonderful guys on the forum i hope i can make some difference to his quality of life.

My heart goes out to the little guy. What a survivor he must be to still be sane after such a life! I look forward to hearing your reports on his progress. Since my Oliver is also a rescue, I would love to hear your techniques for bringing the birdie out of his shell. We're making progress here, but due to my inexperience it's slow.

Karma to ya!

KatB