NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Grey Fun

Nychsa

Acappella wrote:

Nychsa, I know all of our birds are characters in their own way, but I'm starting to think Bella and Jiggy need their own show. Call it "Bella and Jiggy, UnRehearsed" with the humans in their proper place, as supporting cast. Does Animal Planet do reality tv?:P

:laugh: Acapella! I like the TV show name!! I have no idea if they do reality tv!

Bella and Jiggy definately keep the house rolling. Just when I think 'ok, I have to distribute my attention evenly' and I try to set aside some time just for the dogs, Bella decides she's going to join in, and of course steels the show! Jiggy won't be left out, so he comes flying over which immediately causes Bella to start chasing him around (that is like watching a 747 - Bella, the well fed grey - trying to chase a fighter jet - Jiggy, the nimble conure - :laugh:) and of course Jiggy, drama king that he is, screams his head off while she's chasing him (pre emptively that is, she never really catches him).

I'm trying to catch some of this more on video, but now every time I break out the camera, Bella starts doing her tutitah dance (tell me she doesn't know she's being filmed!!!)

Cheers!

Terri

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fergie my Amazon is a rescue and before I got her she was in a very abusive home where there was allot of fighting and violence to say the least Fergie can swear like a sailor last time I took Fergie to the vet for her check up and nails and wing clip I was waiting in the waiting room while the vet was clipping her. the waiting room was ful of course all of a sudden at the top of her lungs you could hear Fergie sayin get hour hands off me you f*#*ên BI^$*ch I wanted to crawl into a hole and die everybody in the place looked straight at me and heres me trying to explain that I didn't teach her that. thank goodness the vet know Fergies history so she thought it was funny but when she brought Fergie out I so wanted to say she's not mine so badly LOL

Chat_later_patricia-1.jpg

Nychsa wrote:

I love my grey-conure combo - they are both so much fun. Conures have personalities bigger then they are and constantly find a way to entertain.

Amen to that, I couldn't have said it better myself!!

{Feel-good-000200BB}

Thanks Nychsa,

I wasn't sure it was "fun" we were having...thanks for clearing that up, hehehe :laugh:

I didn't think Conures were prone to being one-person birds, but so far, ours definitely IS! He tries to attack me from 10 feet away, but Pete can pet him within an inch of his life. It's almost funny when we are both standing there, we take turns trying to pet him and he'll lunge for me and lick and snuggle up to Pete's hand. It's like flipping a switch! LOL

Good to know the potential is there for the grey/conure combo though! Thanks!

Pam

goldn1 wrote:

Thanks Nychsa,

I wasn't sure it was "fun" we were having...thanks for clearing that up, hehehe :laugh:

I didn't think Conures were prone to being one-person birds, but so far, ours definitely IS! He tries to attack me from 10 feet away, but Pete can pet him within an inch of his life. It's almost funny when we are both standing there, we take turns trying to pet him and he'll lunge for me and lick and snuggle up to Pete's hand. It's like flipping a switch! LOL

Good to know the potential is there for the grey/conure combo though! Thanks!

Pam

LOL Pam - you're either going to laugh or cry right?

I'm not sure if conures are one person birds or not. They are terribly jealous, that's for sure. But Jiggy does "cheat" on me with my daughter though. But, he stayed with her for two weeks as well. He bit the stew out of her the first couple of days, but then, like flipping a switch, he because a lover boy! So, yours may come around, maybe :whistle:

The grey-conure combo worked well for us because they compensate for each other. I think Bella learned to be a ham from Jiggy, and therefore over came maybe some of her natural grey shyness. When ever I have people over, Jiggy gets all the attention because he starts doing his "Jiggy dance", and clowns around fiercely in his cage, dangling upside down, doing his gymnastics and my guests delight at him.

Bella used to hide behind her toys when all that was going on. Now, Bella is front and center, demanding equal "air time"! And she gets more attention then he does because she can throw in a "peak-a-boo", "beep, beep", a "what the hell" and an "I don't Knoooooooowwwwwwwwww!!!!" (that's me telling my partner to get off my case about something :laugh: And of course she does her tutitah dance and if you flap your "wings" she'll promptly copy you! So, Jiggy has had to work over time to get the quest attention, which involves flying over to me and sitting on my shoulder biting me ear!

Bella has taught Jiggy to be more tolerant of fresh foods. He used to just attack any fresh food I gave him and furiously throw what ever it was "over board" as though it were some treacherous foreign object. But he observed Bella tasting absolutely EVERYTHING I had, so he started getting curious about it, and I've been able to add berries, apples and banannas, and yams to his diet (I'm still working on veggies - he's still terribly offended by them :pinch:

So enjoy!! It's a three ring circus!!