NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I got this for Harrison

HeatherStrella

This is one of my Christmas presents from my husband. We got the medium one. He just put it together tonight...so far Harrison will only sit on the tray part for a couple minutes with me right by her side. She's pretty freaked out by it. We haven't put any of the center short perches on it. We've just put the top perch on without the bowls. How long do you think it'll be until she gets used to it? Here's the link:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=5059+5107+15451&pcatid=15451

lg_28052_37930_bird.jpg

I would just leave it where Harrison can see it and get used to it, she will come to play on it in time, you know that greys are very leery of anything new and they have to get used to it. Looks like a good stand, I have one of the tabletop ones and use it in the kitchen.

I purchased a stand for Oliver a couple of weeks after he came to live with me, and he took to it immediately. It isn't as nice as the one you have -- the 1 foot square tray is about 3 feet high, with 2 natural wood perches, two ceramic bowls and a shepherd's hook for toys. I keep it in my office and he seems to enjoy hanging out on it while I work at the computer. I'll bet Harrison will come to enjoy her new perch soon!

I was pleasantly surprised this morning when Harrison willingly perched herself on the top perch of the stand. :)

She allowed me to put the top three shorter perches on the center thing and she stayed. (No bowls yet) She doesn't move once she's up there but it's progress. <br><br>Post edited by: HeatherStrella, at: 2007/12/02 20:12