NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

MY HOLLYDAY WISH

BadKarma

I know this seems strange coming from "The Grinch," but here is my holliday wish.

First let me give you alittle back ground into why I'm a grich. I have lost alot of friends and familly during the hollidays. Most of these were to stupid people doing stupid things. Things that could have and should have been avoided. I would prefer not to elaborate but lets just say I don't get warm fuzzies during this time of year.

This leads me to my wish. I truly hope you can grant me this one thing. THINK SAFETY I know it sounds corny but I do mean it. If your traveling and you get tired pull over. If you've had an adult beverage or two hey thats great, just don't drive. When you go to leave somewhere check behind you a second time to ensure nobody snuck in that you could run over. I know this all sounds like a no brainer but we get caught up in the moment from time to time and forget. So again please stay safe, and have a good holliday season. JD

Very good post BadKarma and a great reminder to us all.

You're so very right, it is a time of excess for many people and we should all be very aware of it not only for our protection, but also for that of our friends.

I am so sorry to hear of the bad memories you have of this season. I know you are not alone in this.

One other thought too on safety, check your tree (if you have one) and ensure you keep water in the bottom container to keep it as moist as possible.

Also, check those lights you drag out every Xmas for any exposed or even just "knicked" wires. If they look even the slightest suspicious, throw them away and go buy new ones. I hear firetrucks every day almost this time of year and it is usually someones house burning down....

Peace to all!!

Great addition dan. If others would like to post some other holliday safety tips please feel free. The more reminders everyone gets the safer we'll all be. I so want everyone to post their after the hollidays stories so I can humbug each and everyone. So please be safe. I have plenty of humbugs waiting.:laugh:

JD - I know where you are coming from, I think. I lost two great people in my life to drunk driving. Wherever I go now, I'm the designated driver (yipee) and I get so mad at people who urge me to go ahead and have "just a little" even though I'm driving.

I'm with you - it doesn't just happen to other people; it literally became the worst case scenario for two (not one!) but two people I knew and loved.

Thanks for posting that.

I would like to remind the other women out there to be careful when they are out shopping, especially if it is at night. The malls are crawling with people who prey on women who are alone at night so don't go out by yourself, take someone with you. And be observant when you come out to your car, look around for someone nearby who may try to assault you as you try to enter your car.

And a lot of the times when I shop, I do not take my purse, I put my money and/or credit cards in my pocket so I don't have a purse to snatch. That way you have two free hands to shop with but also to go after someone who might try to attack you, like two fingers in the eyeballs.

When the women go to the malls watch out for me. I might be there to see what you’re wearing and how you carry yourself. I like women with lots of Jewels on, and expensive cloths, leather handbags, and maybe expensive shoes. I like when you don't pay any attention I’m around you. The best is when you're carrying lots packages.

I guess you see this is what thieves are looking for.

Be aware where you park, look around at faces all times, Dress like you need a meal, NO JEWLERY, NO FANCY CLOTHES OR SHOES, A HANDBAG THAT HAS A SHORT HANDLE, WEAR GEANS WITH POCKETS AND KEEP YOUR MONEY AND CC IN THEM. DON'T HAVE LARGE BILLS TO USE, KEEP MONEY IN ONE POCKET AND CC IN THE OTHER. KEEP AN EYE ON THE RESTROOMS BEFORE GOING IN THEM, TRY NOT TO JUST BUST RIGHT IN. BUY A WHISLE WITH A STRING AND KEEP IT AROUND YOUR NECK.

BEST TO SHOP WITH SOMEONE

BE CAREFUL, THERE IS LOTS OF LOWLIFES AND CREEPS OUT THERE.

Joe

Stupid accident coulda been avoided today. My niece was cutting some stuff with scissors to make decorations and sliced her finger deep. Had to take her to the hospital to get two stitches. When we got back I made her show me what she was doing and I was surprised she hadn't taken her whole finger off. So again please think safety.

Well I came home this morning to learn that my nephew was taken to the hospital for a broken nose last night. I told my sister that these things happen in threes and she needs to lock up my other niece who hasn't gotten hurt yet. (this week) Of course the broken nose was from basketball and really couldn't be avoided. Still I'm going to plug my safety reminder. Safety Safety Safety.;)

Guest briansmum

i completely recipricate BadKarma's initial post.

DRIVE SAFETLY OVER THE HOLIDAYS!

don't drive drunk. don't drive tired. don't drive carelessly. stick to the speedlimit (or if you dont have one, drive at a reasonable speed)

i know we're all in a rush to get places in the festive seasons, to do last minute gift shopping, to see friends and family, to have fun.

REMEMBER! there will be no gifts, no friends, no family and no fun if you don't get there at all.

and always wear a seatbelt, it saved my life.

i know i sound like some over dramatised commercial, but i am speaking from experience and from the heart.

be happy this christmas, make everyone smile. it doesn't matter if you get there late, or without a gift, or have to sleep on your cousins, friends, mothers garage floor. just be safe.

i love you all :kiss:

I know I too sound like the over dramatised commercial, but I am speaking from experience and from the heart as well. (well put by the way briansmum) Those of us who are speaking from experience know exactly the consequences of some poorly made choices. Don't think because your not the one making them you can't be affected by them or that it won't happen to you. So be on full alert and as always Safety Safety Safety. JD B)

Gosh this is beginning to sound like a broken record, but it is good advice, we all need to be more careful especially on the highways for accidents can and do happen to people every day and we never know when it may be our number that is called.

I don't know BadKarma's story but we have all heard Beccy's story and I would hate to have that happen to anyone here on this forum or anywhere for that matter so lets everyone slow down a little and enjoy life and continue to enjoy each other here in our family of grey lovers.

I know I would miss any one of you for I love each and every one here.

{Love-0002012D}

judygram wrote:

I would like to remind the other women out there to be careful when they are out shopping, especially if it is at night. The malls are crawling with people who prey on women who are alone at night so don't go out by yourself, take someone with you. And be observant when you come out to your car, look around for someone nearby who may try to assault you as you try to enter your car.

And a lot of the times when I shop, I do not take my purse, I put my money and/or credit cards in my pocket so I don't have a purse to snatch. That way you have two free hands to shop with but also to go after someone who might try to attack you, like two fingers in the eyeballs.

That sounds pretty awful, Judy :(