NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

little update/ teeth obsession.

Guest briansmum

Guest briansmum

firstly appologies for not being here for a few days, it's been a busy weekend.

just thought i'd add my own little update as i think we should all do everynow and then.

brian is now 9 and a half months old (wow!) and seems to come out of his bratty "i'm gonna do everything you don't want me to, not listen to you and then bite you when you stop me" phase and has become a little darling.

he can't get enough tickles and cuddles, he seems to respond (most of the time) when i ask him to stop chewing the woodwork and i haven't had a nasty intended bite in weeks.

as i have mentioned in other posts he is learning to dance which is the cutest thing and is saying his first proper words "give us a kiss" followed by "mwah" (the kiss sound) he says them ALL THE TIME and i love it :)

his favourite thing to do now is sit on a night with the lights out watching TV with me, he sits on my shoulder preening himself (and me in the process) and often puts his beak to my nose and makes kissing sounds. my heart melts and i have been moved to tears by his sweetness on more than one occasion. i can't believe the bond we have and i truely believe he loves me as much as i do him.

.. however, he's descovered i have teeth, and he does not and has developed somewhat of a fasination with them. he will persistantly try and put his beak in my mouth (which obviously i don't allow), i have descovered if i clench my lips really tight he gets bored and gives in.. after a while. has anyone else been through this? and was there anything you did to stop them?

he seems to have grown so much over the past few months from the delicate baby i brought home into a proper young man. and i am so proud of brian for being.. well.. himself and everything that he is , and pleased as punch with myself for proving even novice bird owners can raise happy, healthy greys. we should all be very proud of ourselves :)

i'm trying to get some new pictures but at present i can only get near him with a camera if he is in his cage otherwise its inner beak, blurry flapping and tail shots :P

anyway, thats my little update. i hope more of you who have been here a while follow suit :)

loads of love and flaps

beccy and brian

Post edited by: briansmum, at: 2007/11/27 00:16<br><br>Post edited by: briansmum, at: 2007/11/27 00:18

Brian sounds like such a sweetie :kiss:. I don't know about teeth, but Nikko likes tongues. Sometimes she'll stick her tongue out the side of her beak, and I imitate her. The look on her face is, "Wow! What's that thing in your mouth? I gotta get a closer look at this!" She'd probably give me a nice tongue piercing if I let her get close :ohmy:!

What a wonderful update on Brian, Beccy!! :-)

He sounds like a real character and the teeth thing, well there pretty, white and he would probably love to chip at them a little :P

I was eating Ice Cream (Vanilla) the other night and I let Dayo have 2 beaks at it. After that, it was a fight to keep him from my bowl :-) Then he got to where he would time it just right. After I would place a bite in my mouth, he would hurry up and try to get his beak in my mouth before I could close it :ohmy: he got close a few times to beating me, but as you say, then he would try to "Force" his beak between my lips, but no luck there either.

He finally became tired of this game and went running to Kim for some good old lovin from "Mommy" cause Daddy's just no fun anymore. :-)

Thanks Beccy for sharing your story with us, its nice to get an update on how Brian is doing and I can understand the teeth and mouth thing. I have to keep my mouth shut or she will be inside exploring, my sun conure especially, she really likes to try to push her way in.

Brian sure does sound wonderful! I ran into the mouth fascination without knowing it was coming. Bella was on my shoulder when I took a sip of juice, I had no idea it was coming all of a sudden this sharp little black beak came out of no where, she latched on to my cup and wouldn't let go! I had to give her my juice finally. She then filled her beak with juice and then tried to give me some by dribbling it all over my mouth! LOL what a mess!!!