NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from Georgia

Kaedyn

Hi all,

This is my first post. I've been browsing the forum for a few weeks and finally signed up last night. I've had my hands full with a new Grey named Rigel which is now about 20 weeks old.

I grew up with several birds in the house, including a TAG, but this is the first AG I've owned personally. He/She (don't know yet) has been raised by a local breeder who emphasizes socialization with the entire family. So. Rigel is quite comfortable around people and very friendly. This wasn't the case with the Grey I grew up with.

He/She seems happy and very accepting of the new home. We've already worn our first flight suit, learned to use a shower perch, and are currently trying to babble with a lot of baby talk. Rigel even appeared to enjoy visiting with the vet. The only moderately scary thing we've encountered is the great outdoors.

I have two smaller parrots, but Rigel only knows them by sound at this point, since we're still in quarantine mode for the next few weeks.

I have plenty of questions, but I suppose I'll save those for the main forum. In the mean time, here is a link to some photos.

http://emberdaze.net/birds/grey/

-Kaedyn

Hello and welcome to the family, Kaedyn, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Rigel.

I checked out your pictures, you have a lovely looking grey and you are doing all the right things at this point.

Please read thru the many threads on various topics for lots of useful information and if you have any specific questions, just ask and we will get you an answer and help you in any way we can.

What are the other two parrots you have, just curious, I have a sun conure in addition to the grey I have.

You seem to be doing a wonderful job with Rigel and kudos to you for doing the quarantine period, so just keep up the good work and keep us updated.