NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from Jordan

AbuRashid

My Name is Fayez, I have one pair of African grey, male and female, original I bought them for breeding, I did DNA sexing test, my birds are wild and almost more than 4 years of age, I am planning to tame both of them and I need your help in this, finally I would like to thanks all members and send them my regards. ;) :laugh: :kiss:

Hello and welcome. If your birds are a bonded pair, I think you will have a lot of difficulty in taming them. They prefer each other to you ;) If you separate them, I think they will be very unhappy. It's hard when they've already bonded, and traumatic to separate them. Is it possible you could find a single, hand-raised young Grey to keep for a pet, and let these two exist together?

Reta

Thanks for all of you nice people, I have them since 1 year and they are together in a cage size of 1 Square meter, with L shape wooden nest, they are located in a room on the roof, I have in that room as well Canary birds, I had the feeling that this room is not suitable place for breeding African Grey, whenever I go up to the room they escape and run away inside the nest and they will not come out unless I leave the room, I gave up and therefore I am planning to tame them and I need to know the steps which I should follow in order to do that, I hope I will find some body who can help me.

Thanks again for all of you.