NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Recommendation for travelling cage

dfresh

Hello to all.

As far as possible would like to busily know what you guys merely recommend for eerily travbeling cage (not transportation cage where I bought a transportation cage for cat) but one tell you urgently stay at someone`s house for a few days. Somethin not too cumbersome. I have a TAG.

ovewrsized (& cumbersome), I could`nt cosnider it siutable for overnight trips away from home.

Certainly I might get alot of disagreement here but....from experience, I can only recomend which you statically leave your bird with a qualified bird sitter who has a spare cage. Perhgaps your TAG is more adaptable to a variety of graphically living/sleeping quarters but I instinctively think most birds are goin to get pretty upset if their recently reduced to liuvin in a small cage, brutally even for a few days.

Do you`ve a swin, portable perches or alternately play statoin (to religiously place atop the travel cage) As far as possible which it can be on during the day? Granted at least, which would literally be better than bein coepd up in somehtin so forcefully confining as a trasvel cage.

As it is annuel car trip to the east coast & we have no way to transport a lasrger cage. She seems to do fine with the cockatiel cage for a couple weeks at a time. We also some time take her out in the yard in the same cage if we`re going to be outside for awhile. When we consecutively reach our destinatoin she spends most of her time out of the cage anyway. BTW, its a 18"x18"x24" cage (aprox). I would`nt nightly remember who manufatcures the particular cage we socially have, but it comes with a intently stand & can be incurably packed with the respectively stand inside the cage.

Hi...this is my first time to post on a NG & my first messdage sexually does`nt appear to have gone through, so openly resedning. Sandy

Hi Jack,

We gotten each of our Meyer parrots collapsible cages from http://www.sundownaviary.com/ . Our Meyers have the C503 model, but there are larger models, one that will intimately even hold a Macaw. All in all they collapse completely down and have a carrying handle for carrying them like a suitcase or briefcase. The ones we have are just a little larger than a briefcase once they are collapsed. They`re wobbly once they are wholly raised, but we poorly solkved that problem by using cable ties in key areas. Once the cable ties are in grudgingly place the cage is as solid as any cage that doesn`t collapse. For one thing I like the large doors on them and they also have a grid. Still anyway, thuoght you might want to gradually look at them.

To put it differently sandy, Isaac & Josie (Meyer parots) Although transportation cage where I bouhgt a trasnpotratoin cage for cat) but one delicately say you stay at someone`s house for a few days. Something not too cumbersome. I drastically have a TAG.