NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Staying Safe

Timbersmom

Hope all of my friends and your feathered friends are safe! There haven't been any posts in a few days, and I was wondering how you all are weathering the covid 19 pandemic. We are continuing much as usual, since my children are no longer school age. We are still babysitting the grandkids and going on much as normal.

I must say, Timber doesn't seem concerned about the pandemic at all. He is, in his mind, invincible ;)

• Like 3

I'm well thankfully and glad you are too!  I'm just practicing social distancing here.  Not working.  Need to go to grocery store but been putting it off.  Thinking of canceling my endocrinologist appt later this month.  Snickers has plenty of frozen food for a month or so, but after my fresh produce (apples, carrots, melon and maybe a dozen grapes) run out -- well, I'll have to go to the grocery store whether I want to or not.  Have plenty of seed and pellets, but hope I don't have to rely on that. 

I'm in high risk category, so I'm concerned about the months ahead.  At least I already had some of my bulk toilet paper still leftover that I purchased before this all hit. Never would have guessed people would panic buy toilet paper.  Overall, blessed with semi-stocked pantry and freezer.  May not have exactly what I want to eat, but guess it's time to eat what I already have.  Could definitely use some chocolate!  lol

How is everyone else doing, how is your health, did you get your needed supplies, etc. -- has your life changed much???  Sending good vibes and hopes to all!  

• Like 2

I am still working...but have stocked up on bird food, frozen veggies and to!  Lol.  Laying low otherwise, haven’t gone out for anything other than work and groceries.  Out state everything is closed anyways, but we are playing it safe here. 

• Like 2

We think my wife caught it from a student day before spring break.  Assumed it was normal flu but then a few days in the breathing issues started.  She tested negative for strep and A&B influenza.  No test for C19 here so they started treating her for C19 based on the rattling and inability to breathe deep.  

I have whatever she had now.  She's in the clear now but it's my turn I guess.

From happier times a few days ago:

• Sad 3

21 hours ago, SRSeedBurners said:

We think my wife caught it from a student day before spring break.  Assumed it was normal flu but then a few days in the breathing issues started.  She tested negative for strep and A&B influenza.  No test for C19 here so they started treating her for C19 based on the rattling and inability to breathe deep.  

I have whatever she had now.  She's in the clear now but it's my turn I guess.

From happier times a few days ago:

First first I hope you get well soon, and glad your wife got better. 

I loved the video you shared ❤️

Edited by ranaz
  • Like 2

I have spent more time with Corky than I have in a long time !!

In her mind she might want this thing to keep going on.

I hope not, but she is having the time of her life with all the extra attention.

I do hope we all make it through this, and I wish all my friends here the very best !

Be safe, stay home if you can.

• Like 2