NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Me and Higgins

tiffanyh

Hello all!

I already posted once in the AFRICAN GREY section but thought Id introduce myself.

Im Tiffany and I just aquired a CAG named Higgins (higgy). His previousowner is quite sick and her doctor recommended she rehome the bird since she is having probelms with her lungs that they cant seem to fix. So my BFF (:laugh: ) called me and asked and of course, having wanted a Grey since my first meeting one at the vet hospital YEAR ago--I immediatley said yes...

I am a 31 year old, certified vet tech but after 10 years at vet hosp and 6 years of college, I work full time teaching chemistry at a local univeristy. I am new to parrots but have birds--chickens (and am a loyal member of backyardchikens.com ), quail, and have done wildlife rehab for years before my cert ran out. We have goats, rabbits, dog, cats, etc...I spend a LOT of time cleaning my house and yard up!

Higgy is a 12 year old guy. He is quite friendly and is a bit nippy but overall adjusting well. He is already mimicing my voice (didnt realize I sounded so annoying and naggy). He is home with my mom who is my hired daycare during the day ;) and of course, with my husband, myself and two children in the evening.

So far...love having my bird and am grateful for forums like this where I can be neurotic and constantly check to make sure my bird is acting normal!! :P

Look forward to chatting with you all!

Tiffany and Higgins

Hello and welcome to the family, Tiffany, glad you joined us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Higgins.

I commend you for taking in an older bird for they usually come with some baggage, but he seems to be adjusting well in his new home. It is understandable that he might be a little nippy right now, he is in new surroundings away from his previous home. But with your love and patience he will soon come to trust you and bond with you, just take your time with him.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful and helpful information that may help answer some of your questions. If you have specific questions please just ask, we will do our best to get you an answer and help you in any way we can.

If you have a picture of Higgins you would like to share with us, we would love to see him.