NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Acting kind of funny

jimmycoop2005

When I got home tonight it was like 12 and Cosmo was perched on his food bowl, which is weird he usually sleeps on his swing. I opened his cage and he had pooped in his food dish, so I put my hand in there to try and put him on his swing while I changed his food out. he didn't want to step up and usually when I do get stern with him he listens, I picked up his good foot and he finally stepped up. I looked him over to see if he fell and hurt himself and he looks fine. I put him back in but he went back over to where he was so I couldn't get to the food dish. I again tried to get him to step up and again he refused this time he bit at me not hard just kind of warnings. I kept it up trying to be as stern as I could and finally got him and sat him down far enough I could get it out quick enough I dumped his food out and put new in. He took a couple of bites and went back on the food dish perched. Maybe he is just sleepy I don't know, it just concerns me.

I try not to mess with my grey when she is sleeping or really busy with something. Keep an eye on him but he should be fine. Has he had his well bird check up with an avian vet yet? If I remember right you have not had him long so he needs this soon as you can.

As BMustee said, that is normal behaviour and Dayo does the same when I go to pick him up at time. It's just a little "Rebellion" that is all show and no hurtful bite or pinch. :-)

I am with Tari too, that if I know Dayo is busy with something, I wait for the right moment to get him if I need to. Otherwise I just let him be.