NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What did your fids eat for Thanksgiving dinner?

Lynneand7fids

Guest briansmum

LOL lynne thats great, sounds like they had a fun day too. baths for them tomorrow :) we don't have thanksgiving here in the UK, but it sounds like a great holiday.

on another note.. this might sound like a daft questions but what is "fids" i know it's bird related, but i see it more and more and don't know exactly what it means.. please forgive me for not knowing ;)

Guest briansmum

i've always fancied tring pumpkin pie, but it's not a common thing here, i was going to try making one, but we had a bit of a pumpkin disaster over here this season, and they were all a bit green a bruised in the supermarket so i didnt want to eat those. except for the little one i got for brian, but when he'd had his fill there wasnt enough left for a pie :(

Makena got peas and papaya... LOL! I tried giving him some other stuff but he didn't want any part of it. I don't really think he appreciated all the people that were in "his" condo.. .:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh and Beccy, Fids = Feathered Kids ;)

We went to the in-laws for dinner, but I did bring home a little container of sweet potatoes just for Klaus. I've heard over & over that they love sweet potatoes, but we really don't eat them around here. So I brought some home so he could try them, and he wasn't very interested...Strange!

We went to the in-laws for dinner, but I did bring home a little container of sweet potatoes just for Klaus. I've heard over & over that they love sweet potatoes, but we really don't eat them around here. So I brought some home so he could try them, and he wasn't very interested...Strange!

Even if you don't eat them, it's easy to buy a small sweet potato, cook part of it (sliced) in the microwave or in a little water on the stove, then mash. It can be mixed in with fresh vegetables or sprouts, or other food that your bird normally eats, just a little bit to start. The leftover cooked sweet potato will keep several days in the frig, so can be fed several times.

It's very common for birds to turn up their beaks at unfamiliar food. They are often very conservative at trying new foods, so that means a new food may have to be offered MANY times, perhaps in different ways and combinations, before they'll try it. It pays off to be persistent in presenting new, healthy foods ;)

Reta

Hey Lynne, hope your Thanksgiving was good. Ziggy and the gang all ate Turkey(bunch of cannabils),yams,mashed potatos, and for dessert a piece of pumpkin pie. They loved it all and were full of stuff. They needed a bath. Well hope your holiday was good I know you were not up to going. I hope you stayed at the horse stables, and were not uncomfortable.