NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

rust.... how bad is bad?

X73

small rusty one. Don`t you think he is worth it? I dunno, people spend a lot of money on a beautiful living intelligent being, and then are too flipping tight to buy it a large cage for it to be happy and healthy in and look its best in.

reckoning, you *could* have been talking about a senegal, meyers, jardine,or any other african parrot. Don`t get the huff because you mention a small rusty cage but not that the species isn`t even an african grey. If you cannot be clear, how is anyone supposed to guess??? Oh and by the wa, please elucidate on the term `anal retentive`. What exactly does it mean?

What *does* it mean?? I`ve heard many Americans use the expression but no-one has been able to explain it to me yet. Is it an Americanism for constipated? Or for someone who passes wind a lot? Or for someone who talks out of their a**e? Or for someone whose buttocks appear to be eating their pants? Or describing someone with particularly controllable sphincter muscles?

I know I ought to get a life too - but this thing is bugging (not buggering) me. I`m sure there are a lot of pretentious people out there like me who would dearly love to know what the expressions they use, really mean.

Eagerly awaiting.......

Anal-Retentive (anal stage of development): The anal stage of motivational development is characterized by the child`s central area of bodily concern in the rectum. Bowel movements become a source of pleasure to the child. The child may defecate to receive pleasure. However, gaining pleasure from defecating brings the child into conflict with the parents regarding toilet training. Freud claimed that delays during this stage (or this stage occuring prematurely) can cause fixation. Fixation during the anal stage can result in anal retention in which a person exhibits compulsive cleanliness, ordderliness, or fussiness.

I`m afreud not. At least until you reach the 6th grade at skool and only if you take pschycology. Perhaps at University for those who can find the UKP3000 to 15000 per year to send them there.

Freud must have taught a lot of things - why is it the Americans always pick up on the bit with the anus in it? Everything over there seems to concentrate on arse and butt etc etc. Is it coz there are so many big ones it`s difficult to miss them?

Freud claimed that delays during this stage (or this toilet. What sort of fixation?

Fixation during the anal something (everything), but how does getting pleasure from using the toilet make you a nit-picker? Does the fact that, at my age, I get more pleasure from using the toilet than having sex, does this make me one of those anal people?

At least I now know what is meant - for which I thank you; however my ignorance precludes me from understanding. I should have done less sport and listened more!!

Richard Corbett ps I *do* have a parrott!!