NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

info on egg laying and behaviors

Celia Gorlich

My 19 year old just laid two eggs on Tuesday (her first).  I was surprised but not shocked since I knew she was female due to DNA testing done when she was a baby.  Recently she had definite behavioral changes and started aggressively chewing furniture in the dining room where her cage is.  I've had to barricade the room for the last couple of years since she took to wandering around the first floor and making mischief. She had never hurt any furniture past using it to climb. I practically emptied the DR and put cardboard moving boxes around for her to chew which she promptly started destroying gleefully.  BUT, what I realize now was nesting behavior started and she would sit in the mounds of cardboard pieces inside the boxes. Sometimes it was hell getting her out to go to bed.  (she doesn't go in her cage except at night) None of my reference books have any real info on gestation or behaviors or anything that might help ease my mind about this experience.  I would just like direction as to where to look on line for really complete info.  While I don't need textbook veterinary level explanations, I couldn't find anything above pretty simplistic stuff.  I'm sure I wasn't looking in the right places.  Any help would be much appreciated. I'm wondering what to expect and if I engendered the behaviors, and thus the laying, by giving her all those boxes. She's watching me type this now and is trying to decide whether to poop or just put holes in the shoulder of my Tshirt.  You all know what I mean.  Many thanks. I'm glad to have joined this site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1