NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Thanksgiving Question

Cyard

First of all Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I was hoping to get some opinions on Thanksgiving. We are traveling 2 hours away and I plan taking Newton with me BUT I know that I have 3 houses to go to and I don't want to stress him out. I am taking his travel case and plenty of food and some of his familiar toys. Are there any precautions that I should take to ease the stress of traveling for him. He does very well in the car but we drive around town doing errands together normally.

My husband thinks we should leave him home and I can't bare the thought of not spending a holiday without Newton. I am very attached and I hate to think that I would have to lock him into a cage for 10-12 hours. :(

Hi Cyard,

If you experience separation anxiety, so would your Grey.

Since Newton enjoys traveling about town, a 2 hour trip and visits to others house should not be an issue. He would rather be with you and exploring, rather than sitting at home with out you.

Just take the normal precautions when around non-parrot adults and children. No poking at the cage, like everyone seems to want to do, right off the bat and no kids screaming with their face up against the cage :-) Etc.

Only take him out in a very calm and safe environment, if you decide to take him out at all while at others homes.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!

Guest briansmum

yes deffintaly take him with you!! far better than being on his own. bu as already stated make sure the houses you are visiting know the bird rules :)

You think your people are Crazy, wait until they get a load of a puffed up SCREAMING AG :woohoo:

If they did anything that freaked him out that is B)

I am certain you will "brief" everyone on the "rules" of engagement. :-)<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/11/21 15:09