NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Member with 4-5 year old RESCUE CAG

Not sure what set off the "I'm outta here post" but I'd still like to know what your vet prescribed as I am looking for alternatives to Haliperidol.   I looked back a few messages to see if I could find what triggered you.  Not sure.   If you think you'll find a more welcoming group elsewhere have at it.   This is a very well-meaning tame forum.  You'll be leaving them all if you can't handle this one with 0-5% of the traffic of the others.

Edited by SRSeedBurners
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, SRSeedBurners said:

alternatives to Haliperidol.  

Haliperidol is very very bad, it must be with-drawn very slowly..

Once a parrot learns that it's own pain relieving brain chemicals also relieves anxiety, the parrot becomes addicted to self-mutilation. Boredom is one of the emotional causes of parrot biting feet. Safe aids such as  Avicalm, Herbal Relaxation Formula or simply brewing up some Chamomile Tea. The irritation caused by the infections is one of the main reasons why parrots excessively bite their feet as a reaction to the irritation. Other causes include diets low in Vitamin A & E, excessive use of grooming perches, lack of exercise, and exposure to cigarette smoke. You can try, Collar for birds.  https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=collar+for+birds&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=78065376853724&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_8w3pajlicq_e

Edited by Jayd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1