NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My name is Elaine

Hello, My name is Elaine

I have two African Greys.

Piston is about 10 years old and we have had him since he was 6 months old. I also have Zeke who is about 9 and we adopted her when she was about 7 years old. She was a plucker when we got her and although her temperment has improved 1000 times she still plucks alot of her feathers but is such a great friend. We think she is a girl but she has never been tested.

I also have 3 pit bulls and saltwater and freshwater fish.....<br><br>Post edited by: seeinstars89, at: 2007/11/19 01:20

Hello and welcome to the family, Elaine, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your two greys.

What are the circumstances that you ended up with Zeke, you obviously got Piston when he was a baby. I am just curious since it helps to get to know you better.

Please read thru the many threads we have here for lots of useful information and if you have any specific questions you would like to ask, we will do our best to get you an answer and help you in any way we can.

If you have any pictures of Piston and Zeke you would like to share with us please do, we love to look at and admire each other's greys.

Welcome Elaine!!

Now that is an original name. The name "Piston", must somehow be connected with a car passion? :-)

It's great to have you here.

We'll look forward to hearing more from you and perhaps seeing some photos when you get a chance.

PistonDSCN0034.sized.jpg

Zeke

DSCN4717.sized.jpg

We have had Piston since he was a baby and his name does come from the automotive industry. We own a shop that does custom work on vehicles (lifting, lowering, hot rods, etc.)

Zeke came to us a few years ago from my husbands very good friend. They has her since she was a baby and everything was fine until they had a child and put zeke in a room by herself. When we got her she was VERY bald and MEAN. She would bite EVERYONE... But we noticed very quickly that she was extremely smart and picked up on things quick. She is now very sweet and never bites but is still very stressed out, and still plucks alot. The plucking gets worse during winter when the heater is on or when we are out of town, she is very tempermental and will pluck whenever she is mad at us.... I just love them both to death and could not imagine being without them. I am happy to have joined this forum and hopefully will get some ideas to use for Zeke...