NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What are your Christmas plans?

neoow

Seeing as it's that time of year- I figured I'd ask how you're all planning to spend Christmas this year.

I'm doing my usual  - Christmas Eve is spent with my housemate. Christmas day I'm visiting my sister and nephew in the morning and then going back to my parents house for the rest of the day. I'm staying there overnight and spending the day with them on boxing day. I think some of my dad's family is visiting on boxing day too. Then a couple of days later my mum's side of the family is visiting. I typically help my mum in the kitchen over the few days that I spend with them.

If Alfie wants to come with me then he will do. Last year he opted to stay at home. I tried my best to coerce him into his travel cage but he wasn't having any of it and took himself back to his cage. He can't come with me to my sisters house because their dog would probably try and eat him, so I'll come back home to pick him up and then go to my parents.

I love Christmas. For me it's all about spending time with family. We exchange gifts as well but my favourite part is just spending time with them all.

• Like 5

It will be different Christmas for us this year celebrating Christmas Eve this time due to sharing our grown daughter with the fiances family. One of our sons will be visiting in laws out of state with his wife. Our youngest son has to work Christmas Day. I will be volunteering at the sanctuary Christmas eve morning until noon thirty or so therefore it will not be a big home cooked meal either. Cold front will have arrived so chilly weather will seem a bit Christmassy. Family time,sharing memories and gift exchange along with a more simple meal. The birds should get fresh birdy bread if I get that done in time, bought treats for the dogs and cats. Wishing you all a safe warm and Merry Christmas, hope your Hanukka   was lovely. Haapy Winter Holiday to the rest.

• Like 4

My 2 kids with their spouses and the 3 grandkids will celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. I will fix a grand dinner for us all then we gather round the tree and exchange gifts, afterwards we eat cookies, eggnog and fruit salad while we sit around watching a Christmas movie. Its a tradition we started long before the kids grew up, its family time together and then they have their own Christmas at their houses the next morning. My hubby and I will go to their house to see what the grandchildren received from Santa.

• Like 3

I have been celebrating by listening to music of the season for the last two weeks.  I plan om setting the alarm so that I can hear Lessons and Carols from King's College tomorrow.  This is the first time in 15 years my younger daughter is not having to work.  She came Tuesday so we have had some extra time together.  We are going to her oldest daughter's home in Burbank Christmas day.  Most of the family will be there also, including my grand-daughter from Australia.  II will be awesome, just being together.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Howardine

• Like 2