NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

(stink eye)

When you talk to a person who is not a parrot lover they may say that a parrot has no facial expressions. Well we know better don`t we.

It`s the look we get when we did something wrong even though it may have been in their best interest, but it was not on their agenda at that time.

Their feathers stand straight up on their head and wings and they look at you straight on with that look in their eye called STINK EYE

Just one of many facial expressions your grey is capable of.

Can you name any other facial expression that your grey can express how they feel.

I just got them new bells from Amazon. I took them out of their packages & went to compare them w/the (many) others that were already in everyone's cages.

Phenix saw the new bells & went straight into, "Mine!!" mode. And no mistaking the look on his face.

But then, I walked away w/o hanging any because I hadn't cleaned them or actually decided where they were going yet. No mistaking the look on Phenix' face then, either!!! lol

Miss Gilbert has the stink eye down pat and the cuss words to emphasize it. She also has a bat-your-eyelashes sweet coquettish coy look when she wants my food, all warm and gooey like honey sweet "wanna treat?" Then there is the hunched up buzzard death stare when I have the light on STILL after she announces bed time every night at eight. There is the baleful side glance of disdain when the dog barks and she admonishes them to be quiet. And lets not forget the Robert De niro flashing eyes and belligerent swagger like "You want a piece of me?" when you look at her just a little too long.

Bailey has all those looks also. But yesterday, I caught him chewing on the arm of my recliner, and yelled, "What are you doing??" He looked up at me, and then moved his eyes downward, avoiding my look. Like a little kid caught doing something he shouldn't, while I continued chastising him. Of course, two minutes later, it was like nothing had ever happened.

I just got them new bells from Amazon. I took them out of their packages & went to compare them w/the (many) others that were already in everyone's cages.

Phenix saw the new bells & went straight into, "Mine!!" mode. And no mistaking the look on his face.

But then, I walked away w/o hanging any because I hadn't cleaned them or actually decided where they were going yet. No mistaking the look on Phenix' face then, either!!! lol

You made me lol with your description here birdhouse! Thanks. A laugh is always good.