NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Pirate Greys

KevinD

Well, as many of you have seen in the movies Mcaw's are the pirate birds of the Caribbean.... Well Im here to tell you Greys are just as happy on a boat.

Being semi retired/in between jobs, I got bored, and bought a boat.

My wife said lets bring Sukie on the boat, and I said are you nuts? Then I thought about it, and thought some more....

If Mcaw's do it why not Greys.

He loved it........we didnt go any faster then 10 mph, but he loved it.

I didn't dare take him out of the cage, but he was singing the pirate song we taught him the whole time.

I only kept him out 15 min, but now every night he says boat pirate, boat pirate LOL

Just thought I would share :)

Have you heard about 'Lucky'? She's a bird that lives on a boat sailing the Caribbean. They have several videos on youtube of their adventures. Not sure if they're still doing it as I haven't kept up with them for a couple of years... This one is probably my favorite:

Edited by SterlingSL

They love doing things with you what ever it is as you can see with lucky.

Our Grey Corky has been all over the United States with us and loves to ride in our car, truck, SUV, or motor home, what ever we are traveling in at the time.

When ever we take out her travel cage she gets all excited and is ready to go.

On one trip we covered over 8 thousand miles and she enjoyed every mile of it.

I think it`s when we travel we are in close quarters with each other and she loves that.

We just bought two travel cages for our greys, knowing that the harnesses we have might result in finger loss for us. I feel like Kya will deal with exposure to new things well, not so sure about Gracie, but we bought 2, none the less.

I plan to take them with us out on the lake on a friends pontoon, once I make sure both are okay with the travel cages and smaller adventures. Alas, it will have to be on a day that my friends grandchildren aren't with them - Kya's foul mouth prevents that.

Have you heard about 'Lucky'? She's a bird that lives on a boat sailing the Caribbean. They have several videos on youtube of their adventures. Not sure if they're still doing it as I haven't kept up with them for a couple of years... This one is probably my favorite:

Guess were not breaking any ground here LOL, but I dont have a house boat, this boat is for fishing :) 55 HP do about 50 MPH with a low tank of gas, has a 30 Gal fuel tank built into the hull,

Built for the big Michigan lakes, long haul.

I could not let Sukei out of the cage, he would be airborne LOL

When I wanted a boat I wanted a pontoon boat, so we think along the same lines. I'd rather jump off the top of a pontoon with tubes in the water than speed along any day. Oh, and fish, love to fish. One thing I would love to do is have a jet ski in the middle of a body of water where there is no land on any of the horizons and just let GreycieMae do what she will. If she took off into the water I'd just follow her. I doubt she'd go far though.