NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Amazon Parrots as Pets;

Ray P

the three most popular Amazons kept as pets are.

1. The blue fronted Amazon.

2. The Double Yellow Headed Amazon.

3. The Yellow Naped Amazon

The 3 Amazons known as the hot three because of their hormonal issues.

!. The Blue Fronted Amazon.

2. the Double Heated Amazon.

3. The Yellow Naped Amazon.

Look at the list. They are the same. Why is that the 3 most popular Amazon and the 3 most difficult Amazons to handle are the same and in the same order, and yet the Amazons are known as the easiest Parrots to train? They are also high on the list of being the most loyal of the parrot species.

First of all the hot 3 in the group are the males for the most part and it`s in the mating season when they are hormonal. It`s from 6 to about 12 years of age that they are the worst and after they seam to cool down with age.

My female blue front Zon Cricket was the sweetest thing on the face of this earth and the only thing she ever wanted was to sit on my shoulder and be with me.

I think it`s their reputation that make people shy away from them and not take the time to understand who and what they are.

Cricket never wanted any more than Corky my Grey wanted and I took the time to give them as much as they could handle and they both wanted more

Amazons are known for their body language and how they act when they don`t want you to touch them. Not enough is said about when they want that special time with you.

If you could read their body language as well as they read ours you would see a different parrot, one that you could love for ever. I have been there.

There in your face attitude is what them fun to be around. They are the clowns of the parrot world.003.jpg

100_0017.jpg

100_0018.jpg

100_0019.jpg

004.jpg

The little Yellow cheeked Amazon we live with is a total sweetheart runs up your arm so she can sit on your shoulder and just chill. She came to us after a very dear friend died and moved into our hearts very quickly. Has no ideas about aggressive behavior loves head rubs and playing with your clothes-no holes just beaking the fabric.

Wonderful thread! Yes, there is no love like that of an Amazon. My Nilah a yellow crowned Amazon is most happy when she is on me. I have learned early on that you must learn to read their body language. She does get fiesty in the spring, but it will pass