NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Anyone have experiance with MCage? I got this huge cage

Dooble

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you have many corner areas to put that type of cage in, it's best to get regulation sized cages which can be moved around easily to other areas . A person will never know that they wanna move a cage to another area. A regulation styled cage can is attractive in all areas and not stand out and will fit in with other cages in all areas. I've seen people who realized that the hexagonal cage was more of a pain in the than was expected. Plus hexagonal cages are a little harder to clean up. Replacement parts are harder to find.

I don't always put the corner cage in a corner, the cages get moved around often. I find that one of the flat sides does just fine against a wall. Right now our Elanora Too is in the corner cage it is his favorite, sometimes Pookie tries to take it over, that girl has Grey issues of domination.

Thanks, Dave. But in this case Phenix' cage has literally always been in his corner. It's bad enough just getting him into another cage. His head would probably explode if I tried to move him & that's only a slight exaggeration.

I dread getting him a new cage every single time. He sits and shakes for days, maybe a week. After he stops shaking he still won't move off his food cup for as much as a month. He'll scoot across & grab a drink, whenever he absolutely has to. But otherwise he just sits there looking pathetic no matter how I handle transitioning him or how long I take.

What can I say? It does take the fun out of it. But we've managed to limp our way thru the last 30 yrs worth of cages & other dramas somehow. Think we can manage to make it thru a few more.