NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Brutus attacked me!

chezron

Miss Gilbert and I have been doing the one step forward, two steps back for almost six years now. Inara has a good idea about the "reboot". We do something like that. When Gil goes into withdrawal, I start all over again as if it were her first day. I make overtures and offers as I see her take an interest. I make it look like I am having a lot of fun with a shredding toy and sometimes she will take an interest to step onto the perch attached to her door so it seems like she is out of her cage but she has the ability to scuttle right back inside if she gets scared. The way Brutus is permitting you to touch him while he is behind bars is almost like he is protecting you from "overstimulation" bites. Take your time and you will rebuild that trust and he can be out with you again without getting so frustrated. I'm happy that you are making peace with the changes and giving him the room to find peace and balance with you again. You will both get there.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Brutus practically dives into his cage in the evening, and more for the head rubs then the cashews! I rub his beak and head and he loves it! He has really taken a liking to my new beau and calls out for him when he comes over. I am feeling very hopeful about our future.