NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

eating habits

coolnana5

Hi , i have an african grey that is about 1 1/2 yrs old.. i really don't know much about food.. i bought , what i thought was the bland food at pets mart, no seed and he wouldn't touch it.. then i bought a bag of parrot food at walmart and he loves it.. i don't think this is healthy stuff. i do give him plenty of people food, fruit, pasta, nuts etc.. how can i wean him to a better diet and what else can i feed him.. thanks

Hello Coolnana and welcome to the forum! We had that same problem with another parrot we have when we first got her. She was on a bad seed diet and that's all. We got her zupreem pellets. She took right to them. We are now switching our TAG over right now to the same thing. Along with fruits and veggies of course and some country cookin lol. But they are colorful and birds seem to love their colors. Mine will actually pick out certain ones and leave the others for the garbage. But they actually smell really good. I was told by the breeder and by a bunch of forums I have read over the last 9 years that it is a good pellet to give. There are others out there and I'm sure the others on the board will be by to give you their great advice. This was just our personal experience and what has and actually still is working for us right now. Hope that helped some!