NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bird Fair success!

Timbersmom

I sure purchased a hit at this year's bird fair. It is a set of stainless steel measuring cups strung together in toy form. Timber took right to them (very unusual for him) and loves them. I got the stainless steel measuring spoon set last year and he enjoys those so thought I'd step up the game! Boy are they loud... 0813161631.jpg

You can see Timber's head in the corner of the picture. When he saw what I was doing (taking the picture) he high-tailed it into the cage. He doesn't like his things "messed" with!

Oh how funny. I was very interested to see how this toy was assembled...magnets? holes and hooks? hmm? It took a few minutes to recognize the photo was turned and they were not stuck to the ceiling of the cage. It's getting late, I pressured washed the deck today.... excuses, excuses. Seriously though, sometimes my photos look upright and get rotated and I go round and round trying to figure out the combination between how they look on my computer and on the post here. Timber is so much like Gil girl, even to the point of renaming you. That setup does look like a lot of fun. You can stuff things into the cups for him to discover and destroy.

I sure purchased a hit at this year's bird fair. It is a set of stainless steel measuring cups strung together in toy form. Timber took right to them (very unusual for him) and loves them. I got the stainless steel measuring spoon set last year and he enjoys those so thought I'd step up the game! Boy are they loud... [ATTACH=CONFIG]26708[/ATTACH]

You can see Timber's head in the corner of the picture. When he saw what I was doing (taking the picture) he high-tailed it into the cage. He doesn't like his things "messed" with!

Any idea where to buy the cup set? What do you have hanging in the background? It caught my eye because it looks like something I would have in my house:)

Giannine, I think you are referring to the white bell in the background? That's the biggest, heaviest one he has. The one in the foreground is a bell also. He loves his bells. From what I read here, all greys do. I got those at the bird fair a few years ago. They are heavy, bird-safe, and he can't get to the clapper to chew it loose.

As to where to buy the cup set, I would think you could get stainless steel measuring cups about anywhere that sells kitchen supplies. They will say "stainless" on the bottom of the cup.

Edited by Timbersmom

Dee, I am adding a closer pic of assembly. There is a heavy chain up the middle. There are rings (also pretty heavy duty attaching the cups and other toys to the chain. The pink ring and yellow ball at the top are slipped on to the chain through center holes before the ring that holds it to the link was added. It's all heavy and seems really durable. We shall see!

Cups.jpg

I agree, there are many similarities between Timber and Miss Gilbert!

That looks like a winner for sure. As soon as I saw that I thought I should get Phenix & Charm one asap. They love bashing noisy things around. Now that I've had a steamy hot couple of days to think about it idk!! lol Their bells are one thing. I only hang them if I like the way they sound. Metal cups though...

Giannine, I think you are referring to the white bell in the background? That's the biggest, heaviest one he has. The one in the foreground is a bell also. He loves his bells. From what I read here, all greys do. I got those at the bird fair a few years ago. They are heavy, bird-safe, and he can't get to the clapper to chew it loose.

As to where to buy the cup set, I would think you could get stainless steel measuring cups about anywhere that sells kitchen supplies. They will say "stainless" on the bottom of the cup.

There appears to be some sort of vintage-y print behind the cage