NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Vet

alex2014

I called today to make an appointment for Alex and Rocco yearly checkup. Was sorry to hear to vet I have been going to for the last 3 years does not have an avian vet any longer. Was lucky in the fact that they were able to recommend a new vet clinic and doctor who specializes in avian medicine.

The best part is they are only 15 miles away from me. Made an appointment for Monday evening. I hope I like this new doctor as much as the old one. I would have traveled further to keep seeing the old one as I really liked him, but he moved out of state.

It's always tough to switch care providers. We are fortunate that our avian vet is just up the road a couple of miles. If she ever retires the next closest is 40 miles away. Fingers crossed that your new one is just as good a fit as your last.

All I can say about the new vet is WOW, I was very impressed and could tell she knew how to handle birds. She checked them out and trimmed their nails and Rocco's beak. Since this was the first time she had seen them we discussed everything from their attitudes to diet to living conditions. She was impressed as to how healthy they were, guess that means I'm doing a pretty good job. She liked the fact that i give them fresh food everyday instead of just seed or pellets. She said she is so tired of seeing birds that people don't let out or interact with.

She did make the suggestion that when I get the aviary finished that I let them out separately for a few days to get used to the new room, then when i can be home all day like a Saturday or Sunday then let them out together. When they are out of their cages now they don't really interact with each other, more like they respect each other territory.

I'm so glad this new vet worked out.