NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Tasty treat for birds and people

Dave007

There's a product sold in the cookie/ cake section in supermarkets which is Honey Graham Crackers. The cracker is lightly coated with natural honey. It's the same honey used in Nutriberries with one major difference. The crackers are much cheaper. The cracker is about 2 in. square. Break pieces and feed as much as you want. They can be used for all types of parrots.

Now if your husband, wife, partner, children will allow it, you can be given one if you politely ask.

Do you know who the manufacturer is Dave? I'd love to see if they're available in Canada.

Graham crackers are probably one of the oldest types of cookies ever made. The taste is bland and because of all the new types of cookies made, it's been not as appealing especially to kids. The cookie itself is healthy--high protein. You can compare it to the original simple plain Corn flakes that have been around for ages and ages. People don't get excited about them. For example, check Birdhouse's post---

"First time in 27 yrs I might actually have gotten my very own whole, un-nibbled upon treat & it has to be something I don't even like."

I can give you the brand name but I doubt that it won't be necessary because the same honey graham crackers are made by so many companies and they're all the same. Most supermarkets and local grocery stores have them. My wife picked them up at Walmart or Weis because she was doing a heavy duty food shopping that day. She checked them out, saw that the light honey coating was the same as the honey on nutiberries, she bought them. That brand happened to be Great Brands. She knows what foods are safe for birds as well as I do . They're extremely inexpencive. She was the first to give them to the birds when she got home and now when they hear her going in and out of the pantry they get excited. I give my 2 CAGs and 1 TAG a one inch square piece. I give my 2 quakers 1/2 the amount. I'm sure you'll find they're popular in all countries. There's one drawback---Your bird won't give them back to you.

Edited by Dave007

• 2 weeks later...

lol Nope, I don't care how you dress 'em up. I always make vanilla wafer crusts for my cheesecakes. Never graham crackers!

I might eat one S'mores a year. But only because I'm a chocoholic who enjoys toasting marshmallows.

It's not the WoW factor. It's the taste. Graham crackers always taste slightly stale to me. And they kind of remind me of the smell whenever you dump a bag of certain types of feed sort of, kind of. Graham crackers are just not my thing.

There's a product sold in the cookie/ cake section in supermarkets which is Honey Graham Crackers. The cracker is lightly coated with natural honey. It's the same honey used in Nutriberries with one major difference. The crackers are much cheaper. The cracker is about 2 in. square. Break pieces and feed as much as you want. They can be used for all types of parrots.

Now if your husband, wife, partner, children will allow it, you can be given one if you politely ask.

Really? I'm was thinking for another option. I didn't know about it that crackers can be use as food for parrots. Anyway, Thanks for sharing at least I have learned another good tips.

Really? I'm was thinking for another option. I didn't know about it that crackers can be use as food for parrots. Anyway, Thanks for sharing at least I have learned another good tips.

In this room, both daily all food and treats are discussed. This post about graham crackers is referring to an item that's used as a treat which isn't given everyday.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip Dave. While we have been traveling extensively, Miss Gilbert has become a Nutriberry hound. She will go through a bucket in two weeks and 95 percent of that is the fun of crumbling them onto the bottom of the cage. Also, to her, every food is called a cracker. This may be the first time ever I can actually hand her a cracker when she asks for one.

• 4 weeks later...
hahaha :D :D Birdhouse on that article! I love graham crackers, with butter. Or with buttercream frosting. Or plain dipped in milk. S'mores aren't bad either. HRH just likes to woodchip them.

Butter?:eek: It doesn't sound appetizing but I may try it. I am watching my little neighbor boy for the day who is an extremely picky eater so his mom just sent over some food for him, including a package of graham crackers:)