NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Update on Marden's parents, Ife and Adom

Muse

I edited and posted a video of them (and Megan) in the playroom yesterday to our Facebook page.

For those who aren't on Facebook, we've also posted to our YouTube channel:

No zoom was used in making his video. I am that close to them. Adom still doesn't quite know what to think. Ife is beginning to let her curiosity nudge her closer to trusting me. They've come a long way. I can't believe how much I love these two!

Well, those sounds certainly got Dorian's attention! He got all riled up trying to imitate them. I think Sterling is right, Ife is on her way to a better life as a tamed pet parrot. Adom may be lagging behind a bit but you're slowly winning him over. Love will win out.

• 1 month later...
Adom may never be comfortable being trapped in a corner while anything stares at him like that. But they both sure looking like they're a whole lot better adjusted, relaxed & happy. That's so great to see.

After this portion of video, he ventured out of the cage for a while and was a lot more relaxed. He's very wary and definitely not as outgoing and trusting as Ife is. Marden was like a puppy. He never knew a stranger. He'd go to anyone. It's very clear he got all his looks from his father but all his personality (and appetite) from his mother.

Here's the latest video. You can clearly see a major change in BOTH personalities, but it's most evident in Ife. She was actually taken back to the vet for an eye exam because I thought at one point she was blind because she wouldn't leave the cage. It's clear now that she definitely can see. She's very obsessed with Megan. She doesn't appear to be aggressive to me, but I wasn't taking any chances and you can hear the panic in my voice near the end as I get Megan to step up for evacuation.