NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Urgent!! Asap, please!

birdhouse

Need every thread anyone can remember about getting a fid out of a tree. It is 4:10 pm east coast time & a rose breasted too really needs us to help her get home tonite, please. The forum search engine is not helpful. So I hope the members will be. Thank you all very much!

The important part -

She's safe & sound!

The rest of the story -

I'm looking for a cage for Phenix. Saw something I liked on Craigslist & called - right in the middle of all this drama. I don't really know why the man even picked up the phone under the circumstances. But I guess people have done much stranger things in a crisis.

So, I talked w/him for like 30 mins & sent him everything I had on escapees. He sounded better so maybe it helped. He did seem to listen when I told him to move across the street, at least.

But I still got off the phone & cried because I've lost 2 fids. It always upsets me. But even though it's been 20 & 30 yrs since, sometimes I hear these stories & am right back there again & this time it got to me.

Since I'm a total stranger it just felt wrong to bother them under the circumstances. But I "happened to find " another link to send that nite. And I'm glad (for all of us I guess lol) he texted back. They called a tree service. He said she practically jumped into the guy's arms when the bucket got up to her.

The good & bad news is she was scheduled to get her wings clipped this afternoon. No way to talk them out of it. I tried but there is just too much emotion right now. As much as I hate that part, this is still a great big win overall.

Edited by birdhouse

Well what a relief!! And calling a tree service was a brilliant suggestion and thankfully worked out great! You are a peach. Well, I can imagine that this time around it would have taken a herculean effort to convince them not to clip her wings after that episode and we all know you gave it your best shot. Safe and sound and home is the win here so I will join you in that being the focus. So glad that they had you to assist!! xo

• 2 weeks later...

I came in late to the conversation, really pleased with the outcome. There really is no such thing as time healing our wounds when it comes to losing our companion parrots. The intensity of grief does tone down a bit but there is still a raw core of shocking loss and helplessness that rears its head now and again. The work you have done with Phenix and Kura has been a blessing to their lives. It doesn't make our losses go away, just helps us to cope during hard times. So glad you could be of help and comfort to the other folks as they went through their worst of times and then best of times with the successful recovery.