NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Poop problem

papi92

Hi!

My parrot has a health problem. Four days after she came in her new home she started pooping with blood (pictures). It happens once a day. She is vital and playful and has no other signs of a health problem. We took her to the vet but no success. There is no good avian vet in the country I live. They have only made a few conjectures: toxic heavy metal poisoning, bacterial infection or contaminated food.

By the fifth day we fed her with Psittacus mash (we were given from the guy from the hatchery). Because of the symptoms the vet told us to change the mash with Roudybush. I give her an antibiotic for 4 days now and the blood is gone. Or at least is very little and couldn't be seen. I do not know if I should be worried.

Veterinarians don't know what is the problem. I hope to find more information here. Thank you in advance!

I always feel badly for people in your same position who don't have access to medical care for their fids. I wish that I could say something more helpful than yes, that's something that should be taken seriously. Unfortunately, no one here is a professional. There are some online vet sites. These are 2 I got from a Google search *but*I*don't*know**anything** about what they know or how good their advise would be.

http://www.justanswer.com/bird-vet/#

http://www.birdhotline.com/vet.htm

I think in your position, I'd see what they say. Then, I'd run anything by the local vet you've been seeing AND do my own research on any info before actually doing anything w/Jara. The longer the problem continues, the more serious it can become, though. So the sooner the better.

Good luck. Wish that was more helpful. Please let us know how it goes.