NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I'm angry too!

SullysMom

So over the holidays we got together with friends and friends of friends. Well one gentlemen (who had a bit too much to drink) began to tell us about a friend of his who also owned an African grey. Well as the stories continued I became more and more angry learning how this poor animal was treated. Apparently it leaved in a large dog cage in a basement....He then continued to joke how the bird was "evil." It would snap at the cage door and scream constantly he said, with the birds owner then using a hockey stick to smack the cage to "shut it up." He said the owner specifically had the hockey stick for that purpose. No wonder the poor bird screamed and was so upset! It lived in darkness! In a dog crate! With a terrible owner! My husband was squeezing my hand secretly the whole time because he knew I was getting more and more angry and I'm definitely not one to stand down when it comes to animals. So of course I pipe up with a horrified look on my face saying how awful that is. The guy telling the story definitely knew I didn't think his stories were funny. "Yeah but it was an evil bird who bite everyone".......yeah I wonder why?!!? Sadly the bird died in a house fire he said....again I can't even imagine. I'm sorry but if my house was on fire and Sully was inside, I'd need to be pinned to the ground because I'd be racing right back in to save him. I don't understand people sometimes....Sorry just needed to vent

So over the holidays we got together with friends and friends of friends. Well one gentlemen (who had a bit too much to drink) began to tell us about a friend of his who also owned an African grey. Well as the stories continued I became more and more angry learning how this poor animal was treated. Apparently it leaved in a large dog cage in a basement....He then continued to joke how the bird was "evil." It would snap at the cage door and scream constantly he said, with the birds owner then using a hockey stick to smack the cage to "shut it up." He said the owner specifically had the hockey stick for that purpose. No wonder the poor bird screamed and was so upset! It lived in darkness! In a dog crate! With a terrible owner! My husband was squeezing my hand secretly the whole time because he knew I was getting more and more angry and I'm definitely not one to stand down when it comes to animals. So of course I pipe up with a horrified look on my face saying how awful that is. The guy telling the story definitely knew I didn't think his stories were funny. "Yeah but it was an evil bird who bite everyone".......yeah I wonder why?!!? Sadly the bird died in a house fire he said....again I can't even imagine. I'm sorry but if my house was on fire and Sully was inside, I'd need to be pinned to the ground because I'd be racing right back in to save him. I don't understand people sometimes....Sorry just needed to vent

Would have told that gentleman that the world is going to be a better place when he is dead, and that if he needed any help in expediting the process, I'd be glad to assist. I would also recommend to him not breeding offspring. You know, just in passing. Evil is not born is molded and created by other evil people, such as an a**hole with a hockey stick and no sense of perspective. I do have faith that somehow, people don't get away easily thinking like that. I am sure life saves only the best for them. ;) Feel free to show him my post!

Edited by Elvenking