NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

pellets?

kevindunn

hi... i have had noodles 6 weeks he ia a 3 yr old C.A.G. When i brought him home he was on a pets at home seed diet and the vet explained that i should be thinking about changing to a pellet diet so i chose harrisons high potency coarse which he has takin to straight away so i have stopped seed all together ? is that safe? reason for the high potency is because he has plucked a small patch by his neck but only does this when i mist him with warm water every morning.Prevous owned told me to do this to prevent plucking?.So what am asking is am i feeding him correctly and should i stop misting? he is very itchy if i miss the morning mist? thanks for reading (feel out of my depth).

Harrisons pellets are considered some of the best. Do you feed him other things beside pellets?

See Nutrition & Diet

You might lay off the misting. Sounds like you might be mis-reading their natural tendency to scratch and preen their feathers almost constantly. All birds do this. I hardly ever bathe my Grey, she'll mostly do it on her own in a casserole dish full of ice water. You might be stressing her out by forcing the spraying.

Outsmart him! Make a sweet potatoe mash with finely chopped veggies in it. You might also try giving him the veggies only and then later give him pellets. I don't know your bird so you may not want to screw with his eating habits too much and make it worse. Ours get pellets later in the day after they've had an opportunity to eat what I've fixed them in the morning.

You should be proud that noodles adjusted to a new diet so quickly! Yay for noodles and you... Noodles sounds pretty adaptable, so work on his diet. Even those fresh fruits and veggies that got thrown against the wall for a few months with Sophie, got reintroduced and accepted, after a few months. ( raspberries peels off the paint when scrubbed!) As Sterling said, outsmart him! You can hide quite nutritious things with birdie bread, etc. I am not a good cook, but I'm pretty good at the grill. Fruits, veggies, meat.Sophie tends to eat dinner with us, has her own plate( not a good habit!). Her diet is quite balanced. She has her pellets. Seeds are few and far between. Nancy