NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Travel Cage

MakenasDad

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has seen the new cage called the Poquito Hotel by Avian Adventures? If so is it big enough to handle a Grey? I've seen the dimensions (14"(W) x 18"(D) x 14"(H)) Just wondering as we were thinking it would be a good cage for the car? Travel cage for day trips.. Any thoughts? If you haven't seen it, here is a link:

http://www.avianadventures.com/poquitoavianhotel.htm

That is pretty nice...I might look into getting one of those one of these days.

When I was still hand feeding my grey my hours at work got changed and I only had a day or two notice and I had to scramble to find a cage that I could keep at work. I ended up getting a dog crate for medium/small dogs.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pryde wrote:

This is the one I got for overnight trips and going to work:

http://www.greyexpectations.net/Supplies.html

A lot like the dog crate, but it has a bottom to keep the bird from getting to the paper below.

I have one like that for overnighters. I also have the Adventure Pack for trips to the park and stuff.

http://www.flyingsouth.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=27

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. I know Avian Adventures makes some pretty decent cages, so I thought it would be cool if this cage fit greys. I haven't been able to find out if those dimensions are too small? As they don't sell this brand anywhere in Maui. Avian Adventures are good in that their cages don't have any screws and quality is good on the cage welds, and corners. Has anyone else seen this particular cage? :-)

Ya know I just use a dog/cat carrier. This way they can walk around, I just throw some toys in the bottom and let them have at it. The only bummer is sometimes they will step in their poop, but nothing a quick walk in the tub won't fix when I get home! I couldn't justify paying loads of money for a carrier I use maybe once a month!

I just converted a dog (or cat?) carrier. It had plastic sides with small holes for ventilation and a cage style front door. I added a wooden rod inside of it as a perch using two screws through the plastic sides into the ends of the wooden rod.

===============================

Visit Kibibi's InfoSuperFlyway

http://www.infosuperflyway.com

===============================

Once again, thanks for your responses, but I take it no one has seen this particular cage? I like the idea of a travel cage that separates the paper from the cage so he doesn't step in his own poop. And this one has a place for him to perch. The adventure pack does also look like a viable option, but pricewise is even more expensive than the avian adventures hotel...

The travel cage I got, it looks just like the one in the link that Pryde posted earlier in this thread, has a slide out tray on the bottom with a grate over it so the bird does not come in contact with the paper. It folds up for easy storage also but I just leave mine up for I am using it from time to time. It also has a perch, two bowls, a carrying handle and is relatively lightweight.

Guest briansmum

brians travel cage is like the one pryde posted a picture of. it too has the slide out tray and is big enough for a perch and a couple of small toys. brian is happy in it for a day when we go to my mums. i do have to bolt the door though because he can open it otherwise.

that cage you have found andrew looks really sturdy.