NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Greys who don't like toys

kins2321@yahoo.com

Many of us, have greys that don't go super crazy for toys. They tend to think " we humans are their toys!". Sophie is a shredder! I lay plans 24 hours ahead, for something for Sophie to shred. Whether it be a phone book ( safe), or a pinata ( safe), most toys I come up with are shreddable. Sophie also loves to destroy windowsills. She has three that she works on. She needs to destroy... so my son Sean who hunts, comes back with cherrie wood. We boil it, divide it, so that when she is in the kitchen, she has a small piece to attack. We get her destruction! She just wants to do it in the kitchen when I am cooking. Nancy

Many of us, have greys that don't go super crazy for toys. They tend to think " we humans are their toys!". Sophie is a shredder! I lay plans 24 hours ahead, for something for Sophie to shred. Whether it be a phone book ( safe), or a pinata ( safe), most toys I come up with are shreddable. Sophie also loves to destroy windowsills. She has three that she works on. She needs to destroy... so my son Sean who hunts, comes back with cherrie wood. We boil it, divide it, so that when she is in the kitchen, she has a small piece to attack. We get her destruction! She just wants to do it in the kitchen when I am cooking. Nancy

Yep. Isaac is such a bird. He prefers kitchenware. Spoons, measuring sppons and cups, regular cups...cups of all sorts, and lately water bottles. For water bottles, he will stalk me. Follow me around playing coy as he sizes up my water bottle. The second I put it down..."SWOOP!" he goes in for the grab. Take that water bottle to the ground...wrestle it good and make sure he gives that thing a good wringing. LOL. Occasionally...he nibble a bird toy...but he has decided that what is good for me...is good for him.

He loves his daddy! As he gets older though, I suspect he will want something more substantial to chew on! You need to be ready as the kitchen won't satisfy his need. Investigate into a small block of cherrywood that he could chew on, while you are cooking. Offer it while cooking, remove it after dinner. Reintroduce next night. Nancy

He loves his daddy! As he gets older though, I suspect he will want something more substantial to chew on! You need to be ready as the kitchen won't satisfy his need. Investigate into a small block of cherrywood that he could chew on, while you are cooking. Offer it while cooking, remove it after dinner. Reintroduce next night. Nancy

His favorite chew toy right now is an empty water bottle. I jam those in the bars and that is his favorite thing to chew and make noise with. Quite glad i found that as they are cheap and I have lots of em. I am not so sure he would even pay any mind to being handed a piece of wood...but I can try. Tonight, I am going to make him one of my bottle cap toys. I take all the water bottle caps and milk caps....string them up on some leather straps in a toy fashion....he digs chewing those. He's doing okay. ;)

We've offered up our wood blinds, wooden door jambs, wooden ceiling fan blades... The GreycieMae has decided these are for redecorating. The door jambs I finally gave in and just drilled plain pine boards over the jamb. Replaceable, this is good. GreycieMaes favorite toy is her swinging chain complete with Daddy there to give her pushes. It's so cute when she flies to it and hangs and makes a certain noise that I know means: "come push Daddy!"

Brutus only likes the easy thin wood toys that cost a bunch and that are destroyed in minutes! He used to destroy more economical things like corks, boxes, and clothes pins but he got bored with them. Once he has decided he is bored with something--that's it, he is done with that type of item. He also destroys door frames. I do love to buy him toys though because he loves them so.

Dorian isn't much of a toy birdy either. I just got a store credit for returning some of the more elaborate toys I've purchased for him that he couldn't be bothered with. He wasn't afraid of them, just not interested. He loves his adding machine tape and anything made out of cardboard, but other than that he's a bit of a perch potato. I've worried about it in the past but he seems perfectly happy sitting and chatting away. When he's on my desk the only toys he's interested in are my computer keyboard and my mouse and phone. That's why I'm now using a pen to type my w's - he destroyed that key. :(