NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Whassup yo?

Lurker

Hi everybody! My name is Al. I've been lurking this site for about two years ever since I began researching to get a Grey(hence the name Lurker).

I live in Southern California. My family includes a wife, three beautiful daughters, a female German Shepherd, cockatiel and of course now a Grey.

I picked up the Grey about two weeks ago which should make it four months old now. The first week was rough and I have the scars to prove it. My Grey was hand fed but still pretty mean...more on that later. Long story short it has come to trust me somewhat. It still sqwuaks when I open the cage but it steps up. We've got the step up command down okay...but just okay. We can shake hands...or feet however you look at it. Also this Grey loves head scratches.

As for the name...originally I went with Echo...not too original...I know. But last night I saw Jurassic Park and saw the T Rex and thought "Oh that's the same mannerism as my Grey!" So BOOM! Rex it is.

My tiny dino overlord shall henceforth be known as Rex. Yeah...that feels right.

Thanks everybody for the kind words. I have to admit I've been on a lot of forums and this has to be one of the friendliest and non confrontational spots around. Anyway I tried to upload some pics from this morning...hope I did it right. I know not to rush a Grey so it's a challenge going at Rex's pace. I have tons of questions but I guess I'll post those in the appropriate(to the best of my limited knowledge) subforums. I'm just tapping away on my lunch break so I have to cut this one short. Thanks again!

IMG_20150817_110707_155.jpg

IMG_20150817_110718_023.jpg

IMG_20150817_110741_975.jpg

IMG_20150817_110751_905.jpg

• Haha 1

Welcome to the forums Al and Rex! He's a real cutie!

Post away with any questions you have. Everyone is super helpful here. Definitely make use of the subforums, like you mentioned- your questions will get a lot more answers that way. :)