NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Can't Find Grape *Leaves* On Any List

birdhouse

Somewhere along the way, I lost the bookmark(s) for my favorite toxic list(s). Computers - grrrh!!!

So anyway the random search comes back with, "Grapes - Sure! Grape vines - Fine! Grape leaves - What about 'em!?!" I'm guessing it stands to reason that if the fruit & vines are safe, the leaves are too. But I'm checking just in case. tuia!

Safe fruits:

Apples -Apricot - Bananas -Blackcurrents -Blueberries -Cherries -Chikoo -Chilli's -Coconut -Cranberries- Currants - raisens - sultanas -Dates -Figs -Gooseberries -Grapes -Grapefuit -Kiwi Kumquat Lemon- lime in moderation -Lychees best to remove the stone, but skin can remain. Mango -Melons remember the seeds are much loved. Nectarines must remove stone. Oranges - clemintines - satsumas - tangerines - mandarins in moderation . Papaya -Passion fruit serve simply cut in half . Pawpaw -Peach - plums - must remove stone .Pears- Persimmons -Pineapple- Pomegranete- Raisins- Raspberries- Redcurrents -Sharon Fruit - Strawberries -Sultanas Tayberries -Tomato -Ugly Fruit

Vines and leaves are never mentioned concerning fruit. They're not considered fruit

Grape Ivy

Edited by Dave007

Thanks, I was pretty comfortable about feeding them. But I did wanted to know if there was any reason to limit them.

SterlingSL, what is "Home Aviary Design"? Sounds like it might be worth checking out.

Janet - My experiences w/apparently all things grape vine related are expanding by the minute, thanks to my neighbors' "new" arbor. I've avoided stuffed grape leaves in the past because me & mutton/lamb don't mix (for this alone, most good Greek cooks would never forgive me!). BUT I am now looking forward to trying a recipe she gave me using hamburger. I munched a couple of leaves while I was washing the bunch she gave me to stuff. Also going to try some filled w/tabbouleh as suggested, too. :D