NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Our "terrifying dragons"

birdhouse

It has to be at least 30 yrs ago now. But I still remember the first time I watched one of my little tiels go into full on attack mode. Wings outstretched, hissing & spitting across the floor, she really was surprisingly scary. The poor dog was certainly convinced. He tucked tail, took off running & didn't go near her again for days.

Ever after I referred to it as (Veloci)raptor mode because I felt like our little fids were somehow related to those scary dinosaurs who ran amok in Jurassic Park. And sure enough, they've recently found the fossil of a long lost ancestor in China. It's name is Zhenyuanlong suni, partly because, "The Chinese word for dinosaur is konglong, which also translates as "terrifying dragon." When I read that I thought to myself, "...and sometimes that fits, too." lol What do you think?

attachment.php?attachmentid=26359&stc=1

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/17/asia/china-winged-dinosaur-discovery/index.html

dragon.jpg

Edited by birdhouse

Well all I can say is, I have seen the terrifying dragon in my house. Not often, but it is memorable. From now on when she cusses I am going to say she is "breathing fire". Just think if they were bigger than us. Now that is a terrifying thought. I am just kidding, I love my little fire breathing dragon.

I LOVE watching Sophie having her moments! She calms down quickly....but everyone STOPS and listens to her. While she is the QUEEN, if she freaked out like this, she always had a point! The animal kingdom was needing a reminder, who ruled! ( she got her point across). If all were out of control, she let everyone know. ( including dogs). Nancy