NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello! New member with 2 birds!

Hello everyone, my name is Devin Corso, and I have two birds. ☺

Korra is my 2 year old Congo African Grey. She is currently going through her "teenager/try to overturn dominance" stage, and is extremely talkative! I have taught her a lot and she enjoys trying to boss the dogs around.

I have endless stories about her but one of my favorites is that she likes to make the sound of the door beeping (keyless entry-which gets the dogs to start barking at the door), and then she scolds the dogs by saying "That's enough! No barking!" ;)

Korra%20July_2015--resized_zps9ugqpk56.png Korra%20With%20Cheeto%20resized_zpsdxqqpazp.png

Yoshi is my 4 year old yellow-sided green-cheeked conure. She is a clown, very silly and monkey like. She can only say two things "Yoshi!" and "Pretty Bird!" She likes to hang upside down and work on my computer. Her favorite place is being on top of my head, and she LOVES toys, more than any bird I have ever seen. I can put a new ribbon in her cage and it is like Christmas morning for her!

»She likes doing photobombs as in the second picture below...like I said, very silly.«

Yoshi%20Close%20Up%20resized_zpsnzeed0ap.png Yoshi%20Photobombing%20resized_zpsjk77rwcp.png

Notes:

*Korra has a Cheeto in the second picture. I very rarely give her food like that. I prefer to treat her with fruits and vegetables.

*I take all toys especially things like ribbons or things with cloth on them out of their cages if it could catch on their claws.

I hope to give/get advice and share my love of birds!

Thank you for reading and looking! :)

Korra With Cheeto.jpg

Korra July_2015--.jpg

Hi Devin, welcome to the forum and thanks for joining us. Korra is quite the jokester to the dogs. That's a favorite around here, to call the dogs then chide them for barking. Yoshi seems very affectionate and adorable too. You have a nice set up and intro post, thanks.

Thank you! Your sun conure looks GORGEOUS!

Sadly I can't let them out at the same time, they take turns. I read about introducing them, and they are fine being in cages next to each other, so I introduced them outside of their cage, but Korra went for Yoshi's foot and that was that. I knew one bite and Yoshi would be an amputee!

Their talking echoes off each other a bit though. One day Yoshi was having one of her "Pretty bird!" fits, and Korra kept saying "How rude!" xD