NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What does this rubbing mean??

HeatherStrella

Well, you're getting a signal. What you need to do is first get a professional manicure including the uneven cuticles. The nails should be attractive. Then you should get a pumice stone and take off all the scales and scratches on your fingers and hands and then use a very soft hand lotion which will make your hands feel sexy so that your bird will stop mistaking your hand for a concrete perch. Then, you'll need to work on your feet and do the same exact things in case your bird thinks he arrived at the wrong area and seeks out your feet. For appearances, use a matching color nail polish. Then, your bird will think that you're actually *cute*. He might give you sweet kisses.<br><br>Post edited by: MrSpock, at: 2007/11/12 00:39

I always wanted to be an ASL interpreter! I've taken about 2 years of sign, but I'm slowly forgetting it, I'm going back to school next year to pick up where I started!

Anyhow, my birds do it too! Especially my greys, I figured it was cause they were cleaning the beak or it felt good!

MrSpock wrote:

Well, you're getting a signal. What you need to do is first get a professional manicure including the uneven cuticles. The nails should be attractive. <br><br>Post edited by: MrSpock, at: 2007/11/12 00:39

Well I had a manicure this morning, nails are a pale pink, I didnt want tos use scarlet red in case my birds go the wrong idea. I have instructed my family that I can no longer do any hard labour, so cleaning, hoovering, washing is out of the questions. I could dust though without damaging my nails, unfortunately Liath thinks the duster is one of her long lost cousins and so it is probably cruel to use it.

I will spend the rest of my days instructing my kids and husband on how to do the housework. For the good of my birds of course!

:laugh:

Nikko is a serious beak wiper. When she eats, she continuously wipes her beak against her stainless steal dish. She follows it up by wiping at it with her foot. Then she rubs it against the grass rope on her pinata for the final buffing process. I guess she is a clean beaky kind of gal :silly:.