NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

He is a Keeper!

chezron

The guy I have been dating is not familiar with birds as pets. Pancho, my Panama Amazon, prefers men and it was my hope that my future guy would take a liking to him. Well! Not only did Pancho like the new guy, but FLEW to him! He has never flown to anyone in my history with him. This is beyond fantastic, and unlikely too, as Pancho would prefer to sit rather than fly almost any day. Both Pancho and my new guy are quickly becoming enamored with each other. Jamie, my boyfriend, pets Pancho with no trouble, and even misplaced handling, is met with trust and delight from Pancho. So different from my experience petting him, which is often met with a quick and fearful peck. I could not have imagined a better outcome than this! I am beyond happy! Yeah!

Wow! That"s an amazon for you.....He is the chosen one..:) Lucky for you!!!

A word of warning tho......he may turn to biting you or flying at you to keep you away from his new best friend...my amazon does that to my daughter. ( Pancho I mean...not the boyfriend....LOL)

Yeah, be careful. I am lucky that i am the chosen one, Pat not so much. Chacho looks for any chance to kill him. Not attack, kill. He can not come out of his cage when Pat is home and even if i am just taking him outside, if Pat can be seen, it is me taking the kill bites he wants to give Pat.

Greywings, so many people do not understand the biting thing. I have been asked so often, "Why does my bird bite ME when someone else is around?" You are exactly right. They are chasing you away from the other person, since they cannot get to the other person.

I overheard my wife the other day telling GreycieMae - "Momma has really fallen for you lil girl...I love you <smooches> <smooches>..." KEEPER!!! The birds were my idea and a part of my past life before the wife so I'm glad she's fallen for them.

GreycieMae bit the $%#& out of me this morning: Toby was too close for comfort next to her chosen one.

Amazons have a loyalty like no other parrot,, but they very often can and do accept other or new people.

I saw that with Cricket as she bonded with me and came to accepting and bonding with the wife and son.

They know if you have a fear of them and will take advantage of that fear.

They respect a person with self confidence and seam to cling to that type of person.

My lesson in life is never underestimate what a zon can be. If you do, the loss is yours.

I had a fear of Amazons, and than along came Cricket, and changed that.

Edited by Ray P
  • Haha 1