NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Exhale ceiling fan in the bird room

reptoman

Hello all, I am aware that ceiling fans can be deadly for a flighted parrot or even a clipped parrot. I came across this bladeless ceiling fan and was wondering if anyone on here has one of these and or what the Grey community thinks on first impression. Do you think this could be a safe alternative to a bladed ceiling fan in the primary room where the bird will be housed?

http://exhalefans.com/see_the_innovation.html

Thanks in advance!

Brian

I recently was in the market for a replacement ceiling fan for our main living area as my grey has a field day with the blade tops, he also hangs from the pull strings and does pull-ups while whistling his version of Andy Griffith. He's fully flighted and I wanted to go bladeless or at least enclosed blades like yourself. I did originally look at the one in your link, but in the end I ended up going with the Beckwith by Fanimation. Completely enclosed fan with lights. Same price point as your link as well.

If you have an alternative light source in the area of concern, then one of the fans in your link should work quite well IMHO...

• Haha 1

I looked at the Beckwith fan as well. I really wish the exhale would add the LED already..... Thanks for the reply Tankaray. I think I am going to give the exhale a try and see if it works out. I like that it mounts directly to the ceiling without leaving a possible perch on top so should not encourage our TAG to get on it.

Very cool! I have ceiling fans, (regular ones) but I never run them on med or high. MY birds have always stayed away from them unless they are off or slow. Nilah & Talon both LOVE to ride them like a merry go round..:)

I've been trying to figure out a way to protect the blades on our fan as Greycie LOVES to ride it. As Talon said - she looks like a little kid riding the merry-go-round. She will only get on it when it's off and she uses her parrot-ese to get me over there and set it in motion. The problem is she loves to take a chunk out it while she's riding. I've been trying to come up with some kind of a blade sock to put on all the blades and just let her go wild on it.

I also want to find some kind of rotating device. All I can think of is a disco ball motor. Greycie loves for her hanging perches to go 'round and 'round. It's the cutest thing when she sits on one I'm powering around.

Those are nice fans and like I said my selling points were the lights and it matched our appliances etc. The one your looking at creates quite a tornado effect based on the demos, my little Caique would probably get swept away like the cow in the twister flick...

Let us know how it goes though as I'd like to see how well it circulates the air.

BTW, Good luck Sterling on the blade socks, might really take off:rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
I recently was in the market for a replacement ceiling fans with lights for our main living area as my grey has a field day with the blade tops, he also hangs from the pull strings and does pull-ups while whistling his version of Andy Griffith. He's fully flighted and I wanted to go bladeless or at least enclosed blades like bathroom exhaust fan. I did originally look at the one in your link, but in the end I ended up going with the Beckwith by Fanimation. Completely enclosed fan with lights. Same price point as your link as well.

If you have an alternative light source in the area of couple shirt, then one of the fans in your link should work quite well IMH:

What is your experience when buying a ceiling fan. Can you share? And what is the best price do you suggest?

Thanks.

Edited by kevinpham