NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Do Grey's have a chrip?

zeta

Do grey's have a bird call? Like a chirp or something similar? My baby Brody just make's little bubble piggy sounds. :laugh: They don't have a call like any of the other parrots? I don't really care it was just something I was wondering about. :huh:

Lisa

i have three greys all are talkers,in fact they don't stop ! sometimes they talk like me in a feminine voice & sometimes mimic my hubby with a deep voice.It is always noisy here but they do seem to have got louder over time.

not all greys are the same like us they have different personalities, some are quieter & shy & some are loud & boisterous.

My Grey Dayo is presently 6 1/2 Months old. From the beginning at the breeders, which had 2 clutches of Greys when we starting visiting at 8 weeks old that would all "Pant" and make like chirps.

By the time they were 12 weeks, they would all chirp, or I would say more of a short whistle, which gets louder and louder if you don't pay attention to them.

At around 4 months old, the wolf whistles, gurgles, knocking sounds and others start coming out.

But, yes, from watching and listening to all these fellows grow up, they all have a common "Base" set of sounds whistles they all make in the beginning. :-)

Cute, aren't they? :woohoo:

Danmcq, I think Dayo and Finnigan are growing up together. Finnigan turned 6 months on the 7th of November. :) I love listening to Finnigan as he gets older, he is getting bolder and bolder and always trying new sounds. Although, truthfully, most of the time I don't know where he came up with them. He also does this little twirling sound (if you rolled your tongue and had a high pitched sound going on at the same time) if he is getting excited. It doesn't have to be good excitement. I always thought it was his "I'm going to bite you" sound, but my husband (who is the recipient of his bites) says, no, he clicks his beak when he is going to bite you! :ohmy: It's funny learning all of his little habits.