NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Our Grey and his fish...

Bigwick70

For those of you who remember our Grey "Wilbur" I have a cute little story I wanted to share with you. And those who do not remember him, I'm sure you will love it too. First, He is still doing fine and our relationship is doing Great, (Me and Him that is), although I think he still remembers me squirting him with the spray bottle when we first got him. Poor Wilbur! Let me add for new Grey owners, "DO NOT DO THE FIRST THING YOU READ!!! :confused:" I did and it nearly destroyed our bird's already damaged ability to socialize with people. There is a lot of Mis-information out there! He so much wanted to be a part of our family as we wanted him to be. If you are here, you are in the right place. Our son Jeremiah is still his favorite person. Ok, on to the story. I have been noticing Wilbur sitting in his cage, especially late at night when making a trip to the restroom, watching the 2 Oscar fish we have in a 55 gallon tank beside his cage. I thought at first that it was just the movement of the fish swimming he liked. These 2 fish are kinda big, Like 4-6 inch's long. At first it was that Wilbur would start talking and climbing around in his cage when he saw us going to feed them. He would just do things out of the ordinary, like he was all excited and stuff. Then I noticed he would throw things and it looked like an anger thing. Now He will climb all the way out to the top, over to where the fish feeding is going on, reach and pull at the fish tank lid trying his best to rip it off. LOL. At fish feeding time you better keep your body parts away from him! I know you're probably thinking "Just close the cage door", and we do now. Our birds are never locked in their homes because I don't want them feeling they cant get out should they choose to do so. Anyway, the point to my story is, I think Wilbur thinks they belong to him. As a toy or something lol. He does not like his things messed with lmbo. Wilbur has become a valued member of our family and I cant say it enough how truly grateful we are to "Grey Forums" for their expert advise and members willingness to help others. You guys are the best! Oh, and he still doesn't like our Male Mustache Parakeet lol, but that is another story in itself...

SAM_0922.jpg

SAM_0827.jpg

He's such a show off. I've discovered that he knows how to give kisses and my wife figured out that someone had taught him to whistle when you say "Pretty". Like, "Am I pretty Wilbur"? He will whistle lol. He is a Cracker Jack now :cool:...

For those of you who remember our Grey "Wilbur" I have a cute little story I wanted to share with you. And those who do not remember him, I'm sure you will love it too. First, He is still doing fine and our relationship is doing Great, (Me and Him that is), although I think he still remembers me squirting him with the spray bottle when we first got him. Poor Wilbur! Let me add for new Grey owners, "DO NOT DO THE FIRST THING YOU READ!!! :confused:" I did and it nearly destroyed our bird's already damaged ability to socialize with people. There is a lot of Mis-information out there! He so much wanted to be a part of our family as we wanted him to be. If you are here, you are in the right place. Our son Jeremiah is still his favorite person. Ok, on to the story. I have been noticing Wilbur sitting in his cage, especially late at night when making a trip to the restroom, watching the 2 Oscar fish we have in a 55 gallon tank beside his cage. I thought at first that it was just the movement of the fish swimming he liked. These 2 fish are kinda big, Like 4-6 inch's long. At first it was that Wilbur would start talking and climbing around in his cage when he saw us going to feed them. He would just do things out of the ordinary, like he was all excited and stuff. Then I noticed he would throw things and it looked like an anger thing. Now He will climb all the way out to the top, over to where the fish feeding is going on, reach and pull at the fish tank lid trying his best to rip it off. LOL. At fish feeding time you better keep your body parts away from him! I know you're probably thinking "Just close the cage door", and we do now. Our birds are never locked in their homes because I don't want them feeling they cant get out should they choose to do so. Anyway, the point to my story is, I think Wilbur thinks they belong to him. As a toy or something lol. He does not like his things messed with lmbo. Wilbur has become a valued member of our family and I cant say it enough how truly grateful we are to "Grey Forums" for their expert advise and members willingness to help others. You guys are the best! Oh, and he still doesn't like our Male Mustache Parakeet lol, but that is another story in itself...

I have a 55 gal community tank and my TAG likes to fly over and sit on the air pump and many times, he looks in especially when the ram cichlids and rainbow cichlids are darting around. He never gets bothered, just interested in all the movement. Then he usually flies back to his stand. When he first did it, I wasn't looking and all of a sudden he was there. Who knows, maybe it's all the plants that are moving around? My other greys have absolutely no interest in the tank.

Hmmmm... dinner, or a new member of my flock! ( Sophie was always recruiting when we had a zillion guinea pigs!) LOL Dave was right also about the movement. THAT could be what is so fascinating! No matter what it is, if he is interested, you need to be interested! Great bonding moment too!

BEAUTIFUL feathers Wilbur! You are GORGEOUS! Nancy

• Haha 1

Bigwick70... Would LOVE to see you, family and Wilbur on this site more often ( like regularly!) Wilbur is doing awesome, BUT... there is usually a parent, or family, behind them to get a grey where they are. I know you can help with education, and how you got where you are today. As Sophie is always sitting on my shoulder, I showed her your picture. I found it " breathtaking! " She gave her squack of approval! Nancy