NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New kid in the flock

Thanks IzzyAngel, I posted Miss Gilbert in her own thread in there because without the context of where she has been and the challenges she has overcome, she didn't sound like a "normal" grey and with her progress in one spot, I didn't feel compelled to explain or think of her as less than normal for us. It's nice to have company in the rescue room and for those who consider getting an older parrot to read that they are all very unique and individual. What may seem like a dismal rejection to one person is a gentle "not yet" to the next. Feel free to post in other rooms as well. Once you have read a bit, you will pick up quickly what the forum is about. After all, you are a bird brainiac too.

I will NEVER forget the " bootie shake", when we adopted Sophie at age two. She was a rehome, and while driving home with her, she broke out of her transport cage, climbed on my shoulder while I was driving! Kids were screaming.... and Sophie was just wagging her tail on my shoulder! LOL Boy... have we learned alot from Sophie. She STILL does the bootie shake, all the time, but her family has learned sooooo much since then.... she still does the bootie shake, but mostly because her family has learned how to care for her, once she taught us. Nancy