NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My little Snicklefritz

Inara

HRH Inara has been demanding to know, "Are you a girl?!" to the point of being over the top. So after answering her a scrillion times, last night I was busy cooking dinner and ignored her. She asked, "Are you a girl? .............. Are you a girl? .....................Are you a birdie? .......... Are you? ........................(I'm still ignoring her).................. 'Hey! Are you there??!"

At this point, I just started laughing, and said, "I am here. I am just ignoring you, you little snicklefritz."

This morning, I was having my coffee and catching up on email in the other room, and I hear this sweet little voice saying, "snick-el-fitz...snickel--fitz." Apparently, that caught her attention and I will probably be sorry as it may turn into her next "thing of the week." For the moment, though, it is adorable the way she says it.

Am very glad that early on I instituted the "No swearing within earshot of the bird," rule. (I am included in that, because I was raised by wolves -- my dad and 3 older brothers -- and have been known to swear like a sailor at times) The way she zeroes in on things, I am certain she would *enhance* her vocabulary rapidly.

Her favorite song is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," and she loves it when I sing it to her. She will say, "Get the rainbow," when she wants me to sing it. Up until now, "rainbow" was my favorite thing that she says, because of the way that she says it (very lyrical) but I have to say "snicklefritz" has taken its place.

Does anyone else have a very favorite word or something in particular that your pal(s) says or does that just melts you?

GreycieMae says "tickle tickle tickle" in the sweetest voice ever. And occasionally she'll giggle after she says it. In the past I would tell her "stick em up" with my pistoleros pointing into her wing pits, she raises her wings way back and I "tickle tickle tickle" her tummy and would giggle. That's where she got it.

• Haha 1

Sophie loves to say " kottchiekootchiekoo!" Now she is obsessed with the nursery rhyme " pop goes the weasel." I teach her many nursery rhymes...she becomes obsessed with several. She has many cloth books that she chews to death. Thomas the Tank Engine is one of her favs that I have to read nightly. ( I don't have to read it anymore, I know it by heart). She will notice, if I don't turn the page! LOL Nancy

Bailey will call out in the morning, while still covered, "Hello", and when he gets no answer, calls out "Hellooo". (in a sing song voice with a rise in the ooo). We've never said it like that. Also, he'll say, "C'mon." "C'mon", and then louder "C'MON!". I have never yelled at him or raised my voice to him. These guys are really a riot!

I was just thinking about Inara and how fortunate you found each other. I rejoice at the way she interacts with you and gives you her heart. Of all the things Miss Gilbert says, the one that never fails to melt my heart is when I coax her away from her cage and she asks plaintively in a child-like voice "Wanna go back?" While it may not be the thing I want at the moment, it could be worse with some of the other salty language she uses. I love reading about all the happy times you all share with your greys. Our day is coming.

One day, a long time ago in my house I used to say son of a bitch around my grey although I never realized that he was picking up on it.

So, one day we had our new next door neighbor come over for the first time( introduction). She went into the living room, sat down on the couch. Smokey was about 12 ft back. Her back was facing him. For about one minute we were chatting when all of a sudden Smokey screamed out YOU SON OF A BITCH!! The woman jumped off the couch, started shaking and immediately said 'Oh god, what did I do? Does he hate me? Should I leave? I,m so sorry to upset him'. My wife and I couldn't stop laughing. We explained that he was just sounding off and telling her it was nothing personal. Now how's that for welcoming someone in?

Love hearing these stories, both salty and sweet! I can just picture them all. Dave, I could have used Smokey's hosting skills a few times with my in-laws. :D

Miss GG is a heart tugger, for sure. She is a bit like Eliza Dolittle, tender hearted but puts up a tough front with her colorful language.

Am typing on my tablet so am typing challenged, will be back for more when I am on my laptop.

katana600... your day IS coming! You have the patience of a saint and make Miss Gilbert feels safe and loved. When she asks next to go back... try saying " noooo", we've got to go checkout so and so room. Have an amazing toy ready.... busy yourself with cleaning the room while she plays. Sophie LOVES going to each room with me while I clean and has something to play with. ( anything she can destroy works!). While she slows my progress down, it would never be as much fun, without Sophie! Miss Gilbert can do it! Nancy